« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Introducing a New Intern
- 9 Foundation Updates
- 10 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
It's a bit overdue, but a bunch of Mozillians truly deserve a warm thank you for their help with WSOH: (the list is quite long): IT (Tim, mrz, Derek, Guillermo), Havi, Pascal, Julie C, Todd, Potch, CHeilmann, Anant, Philipp, Bret, Kimber, Jill A., Didem, Felipe, Spencer, Margaret, Frank, Gilbert, Saptarshi, Chris Jung, Rainer and Spencer!
Monday, 1 August
Tuesday, 2 August
Brown Bag, 12:00PM Pacific Time
Jim Cook / Facilities / IT Team - SF Office Move Brown Bag
Everything you need to know and every question answered about your upcoming move to our new and awesome SF Office!
Wednesday, 3 August
Thursday, 4 August
Brown Bag, 12:00PM Pacific Time
Jay Sullivan - Mozilla Products and Strategy (Intern Series)
Interns, this week's speaker Jay Sullivan will help to describe Mozilla products and what the horizon looks like from here
Friday, 5 August
Brown Bag, 3:00PM Pacific Time
World Series of Hack - Show & Tell of the top 3 winning projects (Julie Deroche)
The top 3 winning teams of WOSH will be at Mozilla to do a live demo and answer questions about their projects.
Product Status Updates
Firefox Future (6, 7, 8)
- Planning to create the last beta build / "RC" for this cycle on this Wednesday, 2011-08-03
- If no issues are found we will ship the last beta build / "RC" as final on 2011-08-16
- If you find any issues that would require a respin or prevent us from releasing please email release drivers
- The AMO automated compatibility bump was done late last week
- Reminder: The next mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora source migration date is 2011-08-16, ~2 weeks away
Firefox Current (3.6, 4.0, 5.0)
- The code freeze for Firefox 3.6.20 is TODAY
- If you have a bug in this list you have outstanding work
- Please get your fixes in by 11:59 am PDT
- Firefox 3.6.20 is scheduled to release on 2011-08-16
- Thunderbird 6.0 Beta 2 will be released tomorrow.
- The Aero Glass theme has been changed to try and make it easier to read.
- Bug 658534 (can't collapse+expand folders) has been fixed.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Firefox Brand Toolkit||John Slater||Quick overview of what this is and why we're doing it + we need input||http://www.intothefuzz.com/2011/08/01/firefox-brand-toolkit-first-draft/|
|WSOH||Julie Deroche||Quick update + video of the event||http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuQ3byMEuI8|
Status Updates By Team
- Desktop Firefox
- Fx6 Beta 4: To be signed off this morning before ~9am.
- Preparing for a crowd-sourced web compatibility testrun on top sites functionality (to be done by uTest).
- Browser Technologies
- Firefox mobile 6 beta 4 testing in progress. Targeting sign off this week
- Setup a QA sync server within the group. have a machine to point against
- First week of support against BrowserID beta environment
- SUMO: http://moxie.jamessocol.com/bugstats/sumo/2011-07-26
- AMO 6.1
- Socorro 2.1 ships tomorrow, 8/2
- Automation Services
- great workweek in Cambridge UK notes
Automation & Tools
- Helped land Cameron's patch to remove the UI from mochitests, saving us nearly 20 minutes of time from every mochitest chunk
- Packed.js removal should happen this week - saves about 5 minutes of time on every mochitest chunk
- Performed first end to end test with Talos testing for addons, working with AMO crew to finalize.
- Bringing up a possible replacement Tree Status tool that Catlee wrote to help replace the old tinderbox one - should be live this week (waiting on IT).
- More notes
- Mozilla building mobile Operating System to rival Google's Chrome OS
- Mozilla's Head Is in the Cloud With New Mobile OS Idea
- Mozilla planning a Chrome OS-like operating system for phones and tablets
- Mozilla's Boot to Gecko: A mobile OS that could succeed
- Boot to Gecko: Mozilla's open-source, mobile answer to Chrome OS
- Mozilla's Boot to Gecko: A Windows Phone OS competitor or something else?
Introducing New Hires
- Jeffrey Griffiths: joining the Developer Engagement team, managed by Stormy Peters, located in Vancouver office.
- Donovan Preston: joining the Research team, managed by Andreas Gal, located in Mtn. View office.
- Christian Holler: joining the Security Engr team, managed by Brandon Sterne, located in Germany.
- Julius Berry: joining the Desktop team, managed by Tim Fairfield, located in Mtn. View office.
- James Willcox: joining the Engr Platform team, managed by JP Rosevear, located in Mtn. View office.
- Tomcat is the Product Team's Partner Services Administrator
Introducing a New Intern
Michael Kurze, Metrics (welcome back! Daniel Einspanjer will introduce on phone)