« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Introducing a New Intern
- 9 Foundation Updates
- 10 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
Newcomer Jiten Thakkar (deLta30 on IRC) has fixed several non-trivial platform bugs in the past month. Say hi and thank you if you see him!
Monday, 24 October
Tuesday, 25 October
- GTAC (Google Test Automation Conference) Meet & Greet Mixer
Wednesday, 26 October
Thursday, 27 October
- Brown Bag: User Research - Findings from Q3
- 12pm PST
- We'll be presenting the findings of 3 case studies that we preformed over the last quarter.
Friday, 28 October
- Tobias Markus Final Presentation
- 1 pm PDT
- Intern Final Presentation - topic is TBD.
Product Status Updates
Firefox Future (8, 9, 10)
- Migration day is only three Tuesdays away, but I'm going to hand off this week's update to mobile because OMGMOBILE.
Firefox Current (3.5, 3.6, 4.0 - 7.0)
- We are doing a Firefox 3.6.24, shipping with Firefox 8
- You might get contacted to land backported security fixes, please do so ASAP
- Firefox 3.6 → 7+ advertised is postponed, more details coming soon
- Just finished a mobile work week in Toronto
- Progress is happening quickly on the Native UI
- We don't have nightly updates yet, but if you want a point in time snapshot to poke at, point a QR code reader at this:
(And if you don't have a QR code reader - go get one so that next week when we have real nightlies with updates, you can point your reader at *that* code instead)
Nightlies (without update feature) are here: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/nightly/latest-birch-android/
Is Thunderbird Pretty Yet? (tl;dr - Not yet, but we're working on it. :)
No voice update this week
- Just 11 days to go til the Mozilla Festivalin London!
- Great design challenges, learning labs and keynotes
- Your help with "Mozilla History 101?"
- How would you tell the story of how Mozilla saved the web? Compiling links, resources and multimedia for a "pocket history" of Mozilla. Please add here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/Mozilla-History-101
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
Status Updates By Team
- Test Execution
- AMO 6.2.7
- SUMO 2011-10-18
- QA Community
- Automation Services
- Mozmill 1.5.5 released
- Quick turnaround on the Mozmill 1.5.6 release due to 3rd party add-on updates in Nightly builds of Firefox
Automation & Tools
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time||Item|
|Mon Oct 24 / 10:00 PST||CSS 3D Transforms & bug 505115|
|Wed Oct 26 / 13:00 PST||Sync Push to Device|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/secreview * Dial-in Info: ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 624
- At Popcorn Hackathon, Coders Team With Filmmakers to Supercharge Web Video
- Firefox 8 Beta: Better Controls For Add-Ons, Tabs
- Mozilla Eyeing Native UI for Firefox on Android
- Firefox for Android Looks Promising
Introducing New Hires
- Amy Tsay: joining the Add-ons team, managed by Justin Scott, located in the Mountain View office.
- Gregg Lind: joining the User Research team, managed by Jinghua Zhang, located in Minneapolis, MN.
- Frank Lee: joining the Products team, managed by Ragavan Srinivasan, located in Vancouver, BC Canada.
- Gregor Wagner: joining the DOM team, managed by Johnny Stenback, located in the San Francisco office.
- Barry Munsterteiger: joining the Developer Engagement team, managed by Stormy Peters, located in San Francisco office
Introducing a New Intern
- Santiago Hollmann, Engagement Team (and longtime rep for Mozilla in South America)