« previous week | index | next week »
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Upcoming Events
- 3 Product Status Updates
- 4 Speakers
- 5 Status Updates By Team
- 5.1 Firefox
- 5.2 Platform
- 5.3 Messaging
- 5.4 Mobile
- 5.5 IT
- 5.6 Release Engineering
- 5.7 QA
- 5.8 Automation & Tools
- 5.9 Security
- 5.10 Engagement
- 5.11 Support
- 5.12 Metrics
- 5.13 Evangelism
- 5.14 Labs
- 5.15 Apps
- 5.16 Developer Tools
- 5.17 Add-ons
- 5.18 Webdev
- 5.19 L10n
- 5.20 People Team
- 5.21 WebFWD
- 6 Introducing New Hires
- 7 Introducing New Interns
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Friends of the Tree
- Aleksej, gaby2300, lcamacho, Swarnava for triaging the most Firefox 11 bugs during QA's Firefox 11.0b1 testday last Friday
- Ed Morley for all around awesomeness.
Monday, 06 February
Tuesday, 07 February
Wednesday, 08 February
Thursday, 09 February
Friday, 10 February
Product Status Updates
Speaker Location: Toronto (johnath)
- Firefox 10 went out last week, with addons compatible by default
- Dig Lawrence's blog post about silent updates, most of which has already landed
- Then check out Jared's performance work week recap
- And then try out the Firefox/Features/New_Tab_Page new tab page (bug 455553) on nightly.
- Oh, and gcp just replaced the safebrowsing database with a flat file (bug 673470), resulting in better IO performance and reducing the DB from 60MB to 6MB.
- I thought I told you that we won't stop.
Speaker Location: Toronto (johnath)
- Beta build with Native UI should happen this week
- It'll be en-US only while we figure out the best way to package/distribute multiple locales
Speaker Location: Toronto (bwinton)
- Thunderbird team is having a meet-up in the Toronto office this week.
- Come and say Hi if you're in the area.
- Thunderbird 10 and Thunderbird 10 ESR released last week
- 3.1.x end of life announced for 24th April.
Older Branch Work
- No voice update this week
- Check out Chris Heilmann's awesome post & presentation on Mozilla Popcorn and the future of web-enabled video. From London's news:rewired.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|SCL3||IT/Infra & Ops (no intro needed, video speaks for itself)||Mozilla's Santa Clara data center||The Video||Project: SCL3 blog|
Status Updates By Team
- Successful push, bug 722478
- Rajeev [:rshetty] led the release. Transitioning in as the QA lead on the project.
- AMO 6.4.0 is going live on 02/03
- Paypal Contribution test is merged
- MPL2 license is merged
- Careers is blocked on one bug, waiting for ckoehler
- DTPT Phase II is complete
- shipped bugs for Firefox 10.0 release on 01/31
- shipped milestone 2.1
- Successful 2.4.1 milestone released - bug 723185
- 1/31 release went out, 25% of users are currently on Elastic search
- 2/7 release in process
- Case Conductor
- Working towards feature parity with new django build, aiming for early February
- Blog post: Mozmill Crowd 0.1.5 released
- Blog post: Case Conductor: I guess we could document it…
- Blog post: Automating BrowserID with Selenium
- Blog post: FOSDEM 2012, Add-on SDK, and slides for Mozmill CI
Automation & Tools
- Worked with QA team to bring up automated testing of top 100 addons for default to compatible. Results are here. Still looking through failures, nothing unexpected at this time.
- Much closer to working fennec arm v6 build
- Marionette-gaia tests (b2g) are now running green
- First pass of Talos + Jetpack (jetperf) is moving into its beta stage.
- More news here
- security team Work Week in Santa Cruz, no reviews this week.
- Firefox 10 Now Available for Download
- Firefox 10 Arrives Today with Extended Support for Businesses
- Mozilla's Firefox 10 Muscles Up on Developer Tools
- Firefox 10 Arrives With New Dev Tools and Full-Screen API
A call for participation from paid staff will be sent out on February 10th. Volunteer invitations will also be sent out on this day. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Demo Apps lining up for MWC
- Apps Showcase launched Friday at noon in MV see Apps/ShowAndTells
We just launched our Affiliates Program > become one (we're listed under "Mozilla" at http://blog.webfwd.org/post/17155951369/become-a-webfwd-affiliate)!
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Joel Aguilera||Jill Van De Ven||Mt. View||Payroll Administrator|
|Bonnie Surender||Johnny Stenback||Mt. View||WebAPI team|
|Cody Brocious||Faramarz Rashed||New York||System Engineer B2G|
|Wesley Kocher||David Mason||Dakota City, IA||Bug Master/Release Engineer|
|Trevor Norris||Gilbert FitzGerald||Mt. View||Metrics Engineer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||What will the new person be working on?|