- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Thanks to Jeff Potts for all the code he's been contributing to our community directory, Mozillians.org!
Monday, 24 February
Tuesday, 25 February
Wednesday, 26 February
- 18:30-19:30 Homebrew Website Club meetup @MozSF and @ESRIPDX. Details: http://indiewebcamp.com/events/2014-02-26-homebrew-website-club
Thursday, 27 February
Friday, 28 February
Saturday, 01 March
Sunday, 02 March
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: non-verbal
- In case you missed it: Report-outs on launching our Gigabit Communities as well as diving into Webmaker Work Week in Toronto on our blog.
Speaker Location: Washington, DC
February 12-13 Summit to Reconnect Learning Announcement Summary:
- Over seven organizations have pledged their commitment to working with Open Badges within their communities: Pearson, ETS, edX, Workforce.io, The Council for Aid to Education, The Afterschool Alliance, and Hive Learning Networks.
- A new Badge Alliance has formed, which is a network of organizations and individuals working together to build and support an open badging ecosystem. Erin Knight will lead the Alliance, transitioning out of Mozilla over the coming months.
- Over 15 organizations have signed up to be founding members of the new Alliance, including Pearson, Blackboard, HASTAC, Digital Promise, Digital Youth Network and much more. You can read more about the Badge Alliance on Erin’s blog :
- Nine cities are working together towards summer of learning initiatives modeled from last year’s Chicago Summer of Learning, and many will launch pilots this summer using a shared tech platform, as well as shared content and pathways, called the Cities of Learning Tech Package.
Full details of the Summit are available here .
Speaker Location: Chicago
- Last week, OpenNews launched SourceJobs, a listing of journalism code jobs on the Source website. Additional details can be found in this announcement.
Speaker Location: non-verbal
- Join the open Software Carpentry lab meeting this week.
- Thinking on how to move from training to engagement - would love others' thoughts: http://mozillascience.org/from-training-to-engagement/
- Help us craft a best practice for code reuse in science: http://mozillascience.org/what-else-is-needed-for-code-reuse/
Speaker Location: mjeffries, San Francisco
•WebOps (Brandon Burton and Chris Turra) helped run the Mozilla booth at the SoCaL Linux Expo, demoing Keon and ZTE Open phones and having a great time promoting FirefoxOS at one of the biggest open source conferences in North America
•MWC 2014 is shaping up to be a big milestone for Mozilla, and IT played a key role in making it happen. Here's a quick update from Albert Villarde from Barcelona:
- First off, hats off to Joel Braddock and Clarissa Sorenson from EUS. Joel was key to arranging all the logistics and keeping track of all the tasks, dates, and delivery! Clarissa is on the ground at MWC and has been nothing short of spectacular! She's been mostly dedicated to installing FxOS builds and helping the QA team.
- Second, we've partnered with American AV (folks that did the 2013 Summit) to provide onsite support. This year, we've had to cover 2 large venues (MWC and the press event) plus a dozen other offsite gatherings. We could not have done this without their support.
- For the press event last night, we worked with the hotel to provide 200Mb capacity for our wifi. Last I heard between 300-400 press showed up.
- At the MWC "Stand" (aka Booth), we've prepared 2 transit feeds from the onsite provider (Fira). Our primary feed is a 100Mb "production" network fit to serve about 800 concurrent connections, of which half are assumed to be phones!
- In the last couple days, we overcame some logistics hurdles, hardware shortages, vendor network snafus and a power outage lasting 9 hours. Again, we could not have done this without contract help, experience with trade-shows, and quick thinking.
- On Stand, in addition to the transit connection, we prepped reference devices, laptops, mac minis (to run displays), tablets, an over-abundance of adapters of every variation, cables, cell power packs, ELMOS (projectors, not red toys), airports, socket server, roku, printer, switches, wifi controller, APs, 1000' of ethernet cables, and of course a "control center" to come down to this --> MWC readiness!
Speaker Location: ATX (miketaylr)
- wired.com widgets working now
- instructables.com "get the app" modal actually closes now.
- Firefox OS mobile site wins: cbs.com (935908), kjendis.no (975924), ndtv.com (974790), www.1and1.fr (964604), allocine.fr (964166), hvg.hu (878234), lancenet.com.br (827576), climatempo.com.br (827631), bumeran.com.ve (828445), arukereso.hu (878222)
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Megan Cole||Marketing Lead||Summit to Reconnect Learning // Badges||My house in Washington, DC||No||N/A||http://openbadges.tumblr.com/post/77179382403/srl14-a-week-of-reflection-collaboration|
|Erik Rose||Project Lead, DXR||Easier, better, prettier searching of Mozilla source trees||My glacier-carved lair in North Carolina||Yes||N/A||http://dxr.mozilla.org/ https://blog.mozilla.org/webdev/2014/02/07/dxr-gets-a-huge-ui-refresh/|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Kearwood Gilbert||Jet Villegas||Vancouver||Vancouver||Platform Engineer|
|Dethe Elza||Wil Clouser||Portland||Vancouver||Marketplace|
|Jennifer Chaulk||Sheila Mooney||Mountain View||Canada - remote||Engineering Program Manager|
|Richard Pappalardo||Edwin Wong||San Francisco||Mountain View||Services QA Engineer|
|Mike Lien||Brian Huang||Taipei||Taipei||Firefox OS QA Engineer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.