- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Tuesday, November 3, 2015 - 9:30am PT / 12:30pm ET / 4:30pm UTC
- 1.4 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.5 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to the new Fall Tech Speaker 'Pilots' - André Fiedler, Christos Bacharakis, Elio Qoshi, Francesco Iovine, Gabriel Mičko, Rizky Ariestiyansyah, Santosh Viswanathan, Sumanth Damarla and to all 16 'tech speaker' program pilots who in total organized and/or presented talks at 25+ events in 11 countries from North America to Southeast Asia in Q3 & Q4 to date.
- Thanks to Gerv who pointed out the mixed-content work-around that lets Linux users (and anyone else not using Flash) watch this meeting at https://air.mozilla.org/theo/ See that page for details.
- Thank you to Naoki Hirata for his tireless efforts to get nightly FOTA updates working for the Flame reference phone.
Monday, 26 October
Tuesday, 27 October
- Ada Lovelace Festival Oct 27 & 28 in Berlin Germany
- The Ada Lovelace Festival is the first crossover platform conference dedicated to all women in the IT and technology industry in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Sole Penadés speaking on day 2 on WebAudio API
- Dev Rel sponsorship for 15 student tickets
- Participation Team supporting onsite w Mario Behling
- Privacy Lab with guest speakers Violet Blue and Erica Johnstone
- 5-7pm Pacific in SFO Commons and via Air Mozilla
Wednesday, 28 October
Thursday, 29 October
- Thursday and Friday, FSOSS is happening at Seneca College, and mhoye will be saying more about that in just a few moments!
Friday, 30 October
Saturday, 31 October
- 3-6PM - Firefox OS Add-ons Hackathon in Hyderabad - This event will cover creating your own Firefox OS add-ons, as well as hints, tips, and other information.
Sunday, 01 November
- November 2-4: View Source Conference presented by Mozilla, a conference for web developers in Portland, Oregon. Tickets for Mozillians
- Monday, Nov 2nd 9:00 AM Pacific Time - Air Mozilla Brown-bag on the Orlando Work Week "Dino Tank" SFO Commons - Join us to talk about submitting partnership or project initiatives for 2016 consideration at the informal "Dino Tank" competition, to be hosted at the Swan & Dolphin resort before the all-hands dinner on December 9th.
Tuesday, November 3, 2015 - 9:30am PT / 12:30pm ET / 4:30pm UTC
- Rally For The User - Mozilla Mountain View + Air Mozilla. A lot is happening for our Fall Campaign. This is a chance to see how all the various elements fit together and learn why the work we are doing for users is so important.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Fall Campaign Updates
- Ali Spivak, Developer Audience update; Presentation link
- (video) > Tab Audio Indicators, a short film featuring Andrea 'baku' Marchesini
- Diane Tate, Rally For The User on Nov 3
- Joining us in MV? We can shuttle you and feed you and serve you espresso drinks - tell us.
Firefox and Cloud Services
Dominik Strohmeier, Berlin, Germany (remote)
- From our survey about phase 1 of the Foxfooding program, we learned that we need a channel to communicate with our Foxfooders.
- The Foxfooding App is up and running. It's pre-installed on the latest Foxfooding build. You can also check it out here: https://foxfooding.github.io/
- Going forward, you can expect:
- News about the Foxfooding program, Firefox OS, and project happenings.
- Information about updates that we ship over-the-air to your foxfooding devices.
- Ongoing issues that we’re tackling, where we are in dealing with them, and guidance on how to get around them.
- Other assorted information, like interviews and press releases.
- We are also finalizing phase two of the Foxfooding program. Stay tuned for updates to the program and gamification around Foxfooding.
Candice Serran, San Francisco Office
2.5 Release Update
- RA (Release Available) - Nov 2
- Newest DONE Features currently on Master:
- New Homescreen
- Late Customization
- Pin the Web
- Privacy Control Panel
- NGA: Music App
- One more week for blocker fixing!!! (http://mzl.la/1O3bCxr)
- For more info: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox_OS/Releases/2.5
- With 2.5 ramping down, we are scaling up the 2.6 Release. More to come in the next two weeks!
Sara Haghdoosti, San Francisco: The latest on our encryption campaign efforts: www.savecrypto.org
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|tofumatt||Web Developer||New Add-ons Validator in JS!||Home Space||No||N/A||https://github.com/mozilla/addons-validator/|
|Josh As||Projects related to networking, security, and image formats.||Let's Encrypt||Home Space||No||N/A||https://letsencrypt.org/2015/10/19/lets-encrypt-is-trusted.html|
|Gervase Markham||Public Policy||Mozilla Open Source Support (MOSS) launch||Hotel room in Amsterdam via Vidyo||No||N/A||https://wiki.mozilla.org/MOSS|
|Christopher Arnold||Brown-bag next week on upcoming "Dino Tank" proposal submission window||Dino Tank||SFO Common Space||No||N/A||https://air.mozilla.org/dino-tank-mozlando/|
|Mike Hoye||The annual Free Software And Open Source Symposium.||Seneca College @ York||No||N/A||FSOSS.ca|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Shawn Huang||Tom Tung||(Recording)||Taiwan||Software Engineer|
|Louis Chang||Jocelyn Liu||(Recording)||Taiwan||Software Engineer|
|Tina Hsieh||Harley Hsu||(Recording)||Taiwan||UX Designer|
|Bryant Mao||Harley Hsu||(Recording)||Taiwan||UX Designer|
|Farmer Tseng||Vincent Liu||(Recording)||Taiwan||Software Engineer|
|Thomas Nguyen||Ethan Tseng||(Recording)||Taiwan||Software Engineer|
|Ava Espinosa||David Bryant||Mountain View||Mountain View||Ava is my new Executive Assistant, and will be supporting me for both Platform Engineering and as interim CTO|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
An RTL committee/task force is created!
Delphine Lebédel and Ahmed Nefzaoui (RTL developer, tech speaker) started an initiative of forming a Right-To-Left committee that Mozilla can rely on in expanding RTL support to all of our products and services. If you think your team's projects will need RTL support get in touch with us and make sure to subscribe to our dev-rtl mailing list! This task force is initially made of contributors from all the RTL communities (Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, Urdu), but everyone is welcome to join in! More in: wiki.mozilla.org/RTL