- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- Watch at https://mzl.la/project-meeting-2020-07-27 or anonymously at https://air.mozilla.org. Watch live in the Hubs 3D space (in browser) at https://hubs.mozilla.com/1rNht23/hubs-commons/. You can also watch on the Mozilla YouTube channel at https://youtu.be/5amBMeS5d-0.
- join #project-call on irc.mozilla.org or Slack for backchannel discussion
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Zoom video chat 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- Presenters only: Zoom Meeting ID and Password are on mana
- 1 Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.2.1 This Week
- 1.2.2 Monday, 27 July
- 1.2.3 Tuesday, 28 July
- 1.2.4 Wednesday, 29 July
- 1.2.5 Thursday, 30 July
- 1.2.6 Friday, 31 July
- 1.2.7 Saturday, 01 August
- 1.2.8 Sunday, 02 August
- 1.2.9 Next Week
- 1.2.10 Later Events and Available Tickets
- 1.3 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live status meeting.
Monday, 27 July
Tuesday, 28 July
Wednesday, 29 July
Homebrew Website Club
The Homebrew Website Club is a growing world-wide network of online weekly meetups for everyone who wants to take back their web experience from social media silos, and own their online identities, content, and interactions.
Thursday, 30 July
Friday, 31 July
Saturday, 01 August
Getting Started With WordPress
This will be a broad-based introduction to the IndieWeb session specifically focused on using WordPress. Our aim is to help people get set up and running a self-hosted IndieWeb-based website with WordPress though some of our discussion will work for WordPress.com versions as well.
- Grab a cup of coffee and get an IndieWeb site up and running in just a few hours.
- Have questions or problems with your current WordPress IndieWeb site? Stop by and get some help.
- Just figuring out what IndieWeb is about? Much of what we'll discuss is applicable to other platforms and may be useful to other beginners as well.
- All levels of experience welcome
- (Note: for those without a domain registered or web hosting, we may have a brief pre-session to help you out so we can be more productive during the main session.)
Sunday, 02 August
Later Events and Available Tickets
Mozilla DevRel Complimentary Tickets
Our DevRel Sponsorship team sometimes receives complimentary tickets to share with Mozillians interested in attending the following events. Please fill out this form Ticket RequestForm . If you have questions, reach out to the DevSponsorship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Mozilla Sponsored Developer Events
Current list of Mozilla sponsored developer events (with their start dates) around the globe (DevRel Events team will update):
- RustConf Virtual is happening online August 20th. Comp tickets are now available.
- SmashingConf Live Online is a series of online events happening, starting August 20th. Comp tickets available
- CascadiaJS 2020 Online is happening Sept 1st-2nd. Comp tickets are still available.
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Andy Kochendorfer||Streaming Solutions Architect||Weekly MinIT||Remote||no||n/a|
|Lars Bergstrom||Senior Director of Engineering, Mixed Reality||Emerging Technologies Update||Remote||no||n/a||ET headlines|
|Emma Malysz||Team Firefox||Weekly Firefox Update||Remote||no||n/a||2020-07-27|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Their Name||Your Name||Intro location||Their Location||Their Role|