Womoz Makerparty Pune
WoMoz implies Women & Mozilla. It's a platform where women contributors from different Open Source projects come together and work with true spirit to achieve Mozilla's mission of making web accessible to all. At WoMoz we also groom and help young girls and ladies to contribute towards open source world. In order to increase women contributors all around the globe, we at our city level have took an initiative to strengthen WoMoz community in Pune. Come join us in this journey by contributing your valuable part in it.
Maker Party is Mozilla’s annual global campaign to teach the web through hands-on learning and making. The Webmaker community, along with educators, organizations and enthusiastic web users, will be teaching and learning the web in hundreds of classrooms and cafes, libraries and living rooms all around the world. It’s all part of our effort to teach the culture, mechanics and citizenship of the web.
The event comprises of both talk session and hands on session. Throughout the course of events various discussions will take place that will help women in understanding on how they can contribute towards open source.
Following are the key topics of the event :
1. Firefox Student Ambassador program. 2. WoMoz. 3. Privacy and Security. 4. Introduction to Webmaker tools. 5. Hands-on session on Webmaker tools.
Location and Dates
Date: January 10, 2015
Location: MKSSS’s Cummins College of Engineering for Women,
Karvenagar, Pune – 411052
|09:45 AM to 10:00 AM||Registration||Registration of all attendees.|
|10:00 AM to 10:30 AM||FSA Program||Introduction to FSA.||Asavari Deokar|
|10:30 AM to 11:00 AM||WoMoz||Brief introduction to Womoz||Suchita Agarwal|
|11:00 AM to 12:00 PM||WebMaker 1.0||Introduction to Webmaker tools||Aman Sehgal|
|12:00 PM to 01:00 PM||Lunch|
|01:00 PM to 01:15 PM||Recap Round||A short round of Quiz||Suchita Agarwal|
|01:15 PM to 01:45 PM||Web Security||How to keep women safe, ONLINE?||Ankit Mehta|
|01:45 PM to 03:00 PM||Webmaker 2.0||Hands on session on Webmaker tools.||Aman Sehgal.|
|03:00 PM to 03:15 PM||Open Discussion||Feedback|
- Participant Registration link : http://bit.ly/1A7hZZa
- Event Page on Reps :
- Event Page on Maker Party :
- Blogs : MozCafe 1.0 , MozCafe 1.1
- Asavari Deokar : email@example.com , 9405535084
- Suchita Agarwal : firstname.lastname@example.org , 8793198086
- No of new Webmaker at the end of event: 100+
- No of makes created (from Appmaker, Thimble, Popcorn, or X-Ray Goggles) 100+
- No of people who explain the mission of Mozilla Webmaker: 5
- No of new webmaker.org accounts will be created: 50+
- No of Webmaker badges will be issued: 100+
- Audience Turnout: 150+
- Awareness of Mozilla and its Mission
- Awareness of Webmaker Tools
- Awareness of Womoz (Women in Mozilla)
- Awareness of Lightbeam
- Awareness of FSA
- Other Makes and Ideas
How students will be benefited
- Students will be made aware of WoMoz and importance of women in Open Source technologies.
- They will learn about how to make their voice reach to public using Web as a medium.
- Open badges will be issued to attendees.
- They can get opportunities to dive into the Web and works with millions of Mozillians across the globe.
- They will get connected to an open source organization.