Breakpad status meetings occur on Wed at 10:00am Pacific Time.
Vidyo: Stability 650-903-0800 x92 conf 98200# 800-707-2533 (pin 369) conf 98200#
IRC backchannel: #breakpad
Mountain View: Dancing Baby (3rd floor)
- really good news about why our elasticsearch is sad. that's super exciting. hopefully that pans out. if not, we will buy some big hammers.
- there's some re-prioritization in ops, so might have more time to migrate socorro.
- moved houses and had a lot of "fun".
- symbols stuff is working: logging and all the things are in place. one hiccup with system tests, but whatevs.
- prototyping on elasticsearch migration. has a call with aws support and will find out if there's a better way to move the data.
- if we don't have reindex-by-remote, we think it'll take hours. maybe 8-12 hours of total time?
- talked with aws about replicating s3 buckets. more news on that soon.
- (Adrian) stopped running useless cron jobs on stage and prod, and removed associated code
- middleware is doing nothing now, so will ping Miles to stop deploying the middleware so we can remove all that code
- clean up postgres or start a new postgres
- remove other dead code
- peter will write up bug to dump crashes-by-something table
- (willkg): continued working on the project plan and fleshing out open questions
- current status (that's Miles fighting our migration plan)
Symbol Server 2017
- Lots of infra progress (thanks Miles!)
- Moved to github.com/mozilla-services (including codecov, circleci)
- systemtests work in deployment
- peterbe has AWS access
- peterbe has ssh log access
- datadog! https://app.datadoghq.com/dash/286319/tecken
- visualizes LRU caching
- Symbol download is now able to record all missing symbols
- ...and generate the .csv file Ted needs
- (chartjes) Is the dev team going to start working on the Swagger spec to help QA with API testing?
- we talked about this
- parts of the API are staying and parts are going away
- it's worthwhile to swagger-ize the ones that will stay
- adrian will write up a list of what we should cover QA-wise
- (peterbe) we're now sending exceptions in transform rules to Sentry
- (peterbe) May 18-19 SyntaxCon
- lonnen gone for next two weeks. consult the psychic hotline for help when you need it.
- mbrandt will be flying tomorrow and out friday.