Breakpad/Status Meetings/2017-05-03

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous meetingindexnext week » create?

Meeting Info

Breakpad status meetings occur on Wed at 10:00am Pacific Time.

Conference numbers:

   Vidyo: Stability 
   650-903-0800 x92 conf 98200#
   800-707-2533 (pin 369) conf 98200# 

IRC backchannel: #breakpad
Mountain View: Dancing Baby (3rd floor)

Operations Updates

  • looking into Elasticsearch migration stuff. it's not going to be the Bahama cruise we were hoping for. problems with migrating data. looking for other options.
    • AWS doesn't support reindex from remote :(
    • instead we have to snapshot, bring up a 2.x cluster, load the snapshot, make a new snapshot, move to the 5.x cluster, load the snapshot
    • should have a talk about this
  • having problems with existing Elasticsearch cluster--some nodes are hitting fielddata usage waterlines :(
    • seems like we're back to having to do maintenance every 3 weeks on the cluster
    • going to add nodes to the cluster later today -- we have 23 of which 19 are data
  • working on symbols systemtest stuff--won't be done for days because low priority
  • still need to update jenkins

Project Updates

Deployment Triage

PR Triage

Major Projects

Deprecation rampage

  • discussed the impact of this on the processor rewrite with Will and Peter
    • it seems getting rid of the reports table entirely before processor rewrite happens would be good
    • I (Adrian) am going to try to make this happen in a timely manner

Processor rewrite

  • the processor puts missing symbols in postgres, but we don't want to do that. maybe tecken should own maintaining the list of missing symbols?
    • ted's scripts are the only consumers of this data
    • we should work with Ted to figure out how to get that information from the processor to him
    • peterbe will write up a bug to figure this out, willkg will work on it

Upgrading elasticsearch

  • (Adrian) no updates

Symbol Server 2017

  • Tecken gets into the business of migrating S3 buckets from one AWS org to another

Other Business

  • (willkg) Antenna is in -prod. It's doing fine and I think at this point we don't want to go back to the Socorro collector. Can we remove it from the deploy/infrastructure and dashboards? Do we also want to remove the Socorro collector code, tests, and docs from the Socorro repo?
    • We should add a big note to the docs and to the repo README saying Socorro as we know it is done. Maybe fork it as socorro-old, too.
    • Then remove collector code, nix the unit tests for it, nix the integration tests, and maybe flatten the filesystem crash storage based on socorro-collector repo to simplify it.
  • (peterbe) What to do with Aurora in the webapp where it's going away, but we don't actually know when.
    • we're going to wait on landing this until things are clearer. mbrandt is working on related things and will know when things happen and will give us a headsup.
  • (chartjes) Asked what the swagger status is. Adrian said he'd look into it. Will suggested we write up a bug.

Travel, etc

  • Adrian has a French holiday on Monday, May 8th
  • Miles might take Friday off.
  • Daniel might get sick again.