32nd IRC meeting: Tuesday, September 4th, 2007 at 18:00 GMT
- The log of the meeting is available here.
- 16 people attending to the meeting, a new record!
- Bugzilla 3.0.1 and 3.1.1 have been released a few days ago.
- Our main goal for Bugzilla 3.1.2 is to support Oracle. Our main goal for Bugzilla 3.2 RC1 is to fully implement $bug->update().
- We plan to remove several parameters (listed here: Bugzilla:Params) to make Bugzilla easier to configure. At first glance, 23 parameters would go away.
- We discussed whether we should branch immediately when the first release candidate is coming to not freeze the trunk and development (we currently branch only when RC1 is out). There is some disagreement among core developers: some argue that people generally prefer to implement new features than fixing bugs, and so release candidates would take a long time to come as not everybody would be working on the RC. On the other hand, contributors who don't care about fixing bugs and prefer to implement new features would either wait for the trunk to be open again or would leave the project. The latter assumption seems to convince enough developers to try branching immediately when we plan to release a RC soon rather than freezing the trunk for several weeks. We will try that with Bugzilla 3.2.
- Digression: some developers would like to move to Mercurial, some others prefer to stick with CVS.
- Some new contributors may join core developers in 2008, for instance from Yahoo!.