Mozilla Community IT Ops is a community of talented, volunteer Systems Administrators who devote their time and effort into supporting and managing community-based system infrastructure that support the Mozilla Project, while also learning and upgrading their skill sets in the progress.
Community is the backbone of the Mozilla Project.
Who we are
We are a global pack of Sysadmins that support the Mozilla Community. Most importantly, we mentor & teach others with practical technical skills in hosting and running production websites and services, configuration management (puppet/chef), monitoring/alerting & on-call pager. We showcase how to run the best of the best IT/Operations. We are open & transparent. We are a force multiplier, empowering the Community to promote Mozilla's Mission & Manifesto.
Relationship to Participation Infrastructure
- We work with them to provide community hosting
- They provide our infrastructure
- Collaborate on projects to help improve participation tools for community
- Tanner | Tanner Filip
- Leo | Leo McArdle
- Yousef | Yousef Alam
- Michael | Michael Buluma
- JLensmeister | David Thaler
- Nemo | John Giannelos
These are the people who have previously contributed to Community Ops in it's past forms.
- Project Manager and main point of contact: Majken "Kensie" Connor
- Tad | Tom Farrow
- Mrz | Matthew Zeier
- Costenslayer | Stefan Costen(slayer)
- Logan | Logan Rosen
Where to Find Us
- IRC - Go to our IRC channel: #CommunityIT on irc.mozilla.org
- Discourse - Join the discussion on Discourse
- Find out what we are currently working on