Diversity and Inclusion for Communities and Contributors
- 1 Overview
- 1.1 Discussion
- 1.2 D&I in Open Communities - Call
- 1.3 Inclusion Resources
- 1.4 Project and Initiative Repos
- 1.5 Blogs & Reports 2018
- 1.6 2017 Research & Strategy Report
- 1.7 Blogs 2017
The heart of Mozilla is people, and we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive community - one that invites in, and empowers everyone no matter their gender, sexual orientation, nationality, age, ability, socioeconomic status or religion (or lack thereof).
At Mozilla, we think of diversity as the mix of people, and inclusion as how we enable that diverse mix to work effectively together - to innovate and have impact on the mission we care so much about.
On the Open Innovation Team, we see our role helping elevate knowledge and leadership for D&I in Open Source as an opportunity to improve diversity in open source overall. Through collaboration and open knowledge sharing, 2019 will be about building bridges and surfacing critical problems and voices for the better of all open communities everywhere.
- Diversity & Inclusion in Open Source Mailing List
- #OpenSourceDiversity (Social Media)
D&I in Open Communities - Call
- [TBD | August TB, 2019: Caste and Open Communities]
- | Oct 3, 2019: Robots and Ethics. Challenges, Perspectives, Practical Implications
- | July 19, 2019: Diversity and Inclusion Community Call (no topic, share your work/ideas!)
- | June 28, 2019: Dear Men in Open Source - This Call is for You (Part 2)!
- | June 6, 2019: Dear Men in Open Source - This Call is for You!
- Notes | May 23, 2019: Breaking the Language Barrier
- Notes | May 9, 2019: Ethics & Understanding Diversity in Open Communities
- Notes | April 25, 2019: Part 2! You Have a Code of Conduct - Now What?
- | April 4, 2019: You Have a Code of Conduct - Now What?
- March 21 2019: Open Source Maintainer - Women will Engineer the Future
- February 21 2019: Applying D&I Data & Metrics in Open Source - A Mozilla Case Study
- March 7 2019: Everyday Actions to Be a Better Ally
- November 9th Kim Christen and Jane Anderson 'TK Labels'
- September 4th Jess Mitchell 'Inclusive design and thinking differently'
- July 14th 'Gender-biases Embedded in the Software ' talk streamed from Mozilla Portland office, to coincide with the Community Leadership Summit.
- August 1st 'Open Governance' - governance topics with a lens on inclusion by Open Source Archetype;
- June 6th We See you! Inclusive Communities & Events
- May 2nd, "All Things 'Code of Conduct'"
- April 4th, 9AM PDT (Covert to local time) "Diversity & Inclusion in Open Source (all topics)", Etherpad Agenda, Streaming Link, Live Captioning
- February 28th, 9AM PST (Convert to local time) Agenda Etherpad , Streaming Link, Live Captioning
(Basic) Inclusive Governance Checklist A simple way to review your open source project for inclusive design.
Inclusive Leadership Principles Ensure your community leadership (or roles of influence) are setup for success.
Code of Conduct Assessment Tool Evaluate your Code of Conduct.
D&I Data & Metrics
All of Mozilla's D&I Data & Metrics works has been ported to the CHAOSS D&I Working Group, where we continue to collaborate. The working group holds weekly calls, details are in the [README https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/blob/master/README.md.
Code of Conduct Enforcement
Standards, Best Practices
Consequence Ladder How Mozilla issues consequences when our Code of Conduct (CPG) is violated.
Decision Making - Role Groups & RASCI How Mozilla make decisions in cases that are more complex, or span multiple stakeholders.
Incident Report Template How we track more complex investigation.
Triage Rules How we triage cases.
- Request for more information
- Your report was received
- Reported - decision per ladder level
- Reporter - decision per ladder
Project and Initiative Repos
- Mozilla CoC, and other resource Diversity and Inclusion Repo
- Maintainer Cohort
- CHAOSS D&I Working Group
- Code of Conduct Review Tool Repo
Blogs & Reports 2018
- D&I in Open Source - What I learned from a survey of 204 open source projects
- How We're Making Code of Conduct Real - and Scaling it https://medium.com/mozilla-open-innovation/how-were-making-code-of-conduct-enforcement-real-and-scaling-it-3e382cf94415
- What we learneda bout gender identity in Open Source
- This December - Squash Open Source Inclusion Bugs!
2017 Research & Strategy Report
- What we learned about gender identity in Open Source
- A Time for Action - Innovating for D&I in Open Source (Series Intro)
- Inclusive Organizing for Communities
- We See You! Reaching Diverse Audiences in FOSS
- Frameworks for Governance, Incentive & Consequence
- Open Source Summit Blog (w/ industry links)