Drumbeat/events/Festival/program/Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing for OER
- Contact: Mary Lou Forward (mlforward at ocwconsortium dot org)
- Team: Board members of the OpenCourseWare Consortium: Larry Cooperman, Philipp Schmidt, Joel Thierstein
Open round table discussion with board members of the OpenCourseWare Consortium and you, to discuss where the global OCW/OER movement could go next.
What do you want to achieve?
- Great ideas about where the movement is going
Who should come? How many? For how long? (audience)
- Anyone interested in open education
SPECIAL NOTE: Keep hacking and planning! We have extra space allocated to small organic sessions during and after our main sessions. Other OER experts will be on hand to discuss approachs, support users, and gather feedback and ideas. Feel free to work at your leisure on OER in this sub-space.
What will they do when they get there? (activities)
- Talk with Board members of the OCW Consortium
- Share ideas, build on discussions, give feedback, make suggestions
- Create a vision for the next phase of the movement
What will you / they have at the end? (outputs)
- Vision, ideas, contacts
Additional background and context
OpenCourseWare is approaching the end of its first decade of existence. The open content movement has seen tremendous growth in that time. Besides creating more open content, which we are committed to doing, what's on the horizon for the movement? What can be done with all this excellent content? Where are the weaknesses that we need to address now? How do we position the movement to realize its lofty aspirations? We're looking for visionary ideas, as well as practical tools, suggestions and steps. Join us and help envision the future.