- Meeting schedule - dates/times
- Follow-up on RelEng items from last meeting
- l10n setup on mozilla-aurora, mozilla-beta - done
- create "
fake betareal, early beta": https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=652641
- Status - snippets for getting more users on the Aurora channel
- bug 651982 Create custom MARs to migrate FF3.7a*+FF4.0b* users to mozilla-aurora
- bug 651283 Migrate orphaned users to latest m-c
- Recording process decisions (JP)
- RapidRelease#User_Agent (JP)
- Proposed to drop off the discussion list as not achievable in the short term because there is method for SUMO/Input/etc to find channel info otherwise
- bug 648444
- Stability report
- The current meeting times, 2:00pm are not great for people on the East Coast and Europe.
- We propose moving the times to make it more accommodating for others.
- Sheila will work on a proposal and send it out.
- l10n repos are now setup
- Make a real beta - 5.0b1
- When we move over to the release channel do we have to do a rebuild? Yes. That wasn't everybody's understanding of how this was going to work. There is an issue to discuss - noted.
- We will be making the repository change
- On schedule for this week (hoping)
- Snippets for moving beta users to Aurora
- Much confusion here...
- Dialog in bug 651283 relates to moving orphaned m-c users on to latest m-c NOT moving them to aurora or beta.
- Worried about manual updates replacing something that is already there.
- Seems like the pool of users we are talking about is smaller than we thought - some discrepancy in the data.
- Bigger issue - getting more people on aurora
- We can look at migrating the beta channel people but there are still concerns about how we market this - stability of the channel
- We could disable generating Aurora builds every night - we would kick off a build manually. Can be done immediately.
- Next Actions
- Need to figure out how to message these beta users. They will be moved into something that is branded differently. Probably need a start page, branding experience etc.
- Turn off the nightly builds for Aurora and build as needed.
- Axel: Don't see the messaging around Aurora builds mapping what we have on the release or handled in other languages. We want to restrict this to US-EN. What is going into the 110n builds is not close to Beta quality.
- Rob: Talk to Christian, Mayumi, John and put together a proposal by the end of the day.
- Much confusion here...
Recording Process Decisions
- Concerned that some of the decisions we are making ie: approvals, tracking etc is not getting captured somewhere permanently.
- Do we move to the wiki, leave it on Github?
- Also, some lingering issues regarding process that were never resolved.
- Problems with tools like Sumo, Input, AMO getting info about the version.
- Bug 648444 - probably won't get this done soon. Add code so that websites can figure out what version it is.
- Take it off the list for now since there is nobody actually working on this and none of the tools will be ready in time.
- This is probably a bigger than engineering team discussion and probably won't happen in this cycle.
- Sheila will own this issue - probably needs a feature page.
- Only 14K users so not getting great stability data - the numbers aren't very meaningful.
- A few of the crashes we are tracking are getting much activity.