Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Product Releases
- shipped opt-in update to users on beta channel
- showing over 250,000 ADUs yesterday
- that represents about a 33% opt-in rate
- Just approved 4 patches, 1/2 of 3.6.4 blockers
- 1 open blocker left to be landed
- should be able to sim-ship with Firefox 3.6.4
Fennec 1.0.1 Maemo
- shipped earlier this week, we're waiting on nokia to fix an issue with updates for downloads from the ovi store
Fennec 1.1 Beta Maemo
- QA has signed off, looking into a flash issue before releasing
- Jetpack notes have moved to the #Add-ons section.
- Support report: for this week!
- Ad on foxnews.com causes page to spew code in Firefox. bug 560737
- Wrote a new article: Java Deployment Toolkit Blocked
You know how I always say that planet firefox has the details? Still does!
Some interesting tidbits:
- Some of the JEPs the team has committed to implementing are already nearing completion, including Context Menu and Page Workers.
- Geo-Notification work continues on apace, too.
(see the April 21st mobile engineering meeting notes for more details)
(see the April 20th platform meeting notes for more details)
- Lorentz making good progress
- Fennec 1.1 RC string freeze pending
- three new Firefox locales reviewed, upcoming are Asturian (ast), Scottish Gaelic (gd) (in coorp with ga-IE's Kevin), Maithili (mai) (from our own Hindi localizer Rajesh)
- 3.6.4 build1 only shipped for 59 locales instead of 74 :-( , buchanan fixing
- regressed compare-locales for fennec by including a changeset from September into the release automation :-(, bug 560856
- Working on 3.6.4 OOPP
- Anyone can help us test Windows/Linux 3.6.4. Sent email to all.
- Sending out email to betatesters with 3.6.4 availability.
- Detailed mobile QA status
- Signed off on 1.1 beta1
- Fennec 1.0.1 live, afaik waiting for Nokia qa review before going to Ovi store
- Fennec 1.1b1 build2 passed qa, waiting for go to push live
- Firefox 3.6.4
- Shipped Advertised Update for 3.6, 3.6.2, and 3.6.3 beta channel on Friday
- Shipped Automatic Update for 3.6.3plugin1 users on Friday
- 3.5.9 -> 3.6.4 Advertised Major Update snippets available on the test channels
- The Jetpack SDK 0.3 freeze date was moved back two days, from Sunday, April 18 (at 11:59pm PDT) to Tuesday, April 20, so that the last couple days before the freeze would be work days.
- The tree is now frozen in preparation for the 0.3 release.
- Tentative release date: Wednesday, April 28.
- Symantec NIS/360 Plugin Update Issue bug 547708
- AVG CPU peg/memleak bug 556332, CrashBug bug 553581, CrashKill bug bug 547210
- Call for Feedback on Build Your Own Browser (https://byob.mozilla.com/) - I (kev at mozilla dot com) am looking for feedback on BYOB and how it's currently structured. I'd really like to understand what people think of the app, what they like/dislike, what they think should be added, etc. Specifically, I'm looking for feedback on the workflow and available customizations. Feedback should be directed at me, or in #byob on irc.mozilla.org. Project page is at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Partnering:Projects:BYOB
- Going to start an update series about what's going on with our next release over the next couple of weeks. Will ask for help from Engineering and Product people with that, but should actually be pretty low overhead.
- Working hard with Jay S + others on next release product roadmap priorities.
- Mozilla.com Optimization
- World Cup Campaign: "Firefox Cup"
- Microsite, featuring Personas and Add-Ons to be launched in early June
- Chrome gets updated, Firefox 'Lorentz' enters beta
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6.4 release on May 4, second test version on April 27
- Mozilla to cordon off plugin crashes with Firefox 3.6.4 beta
- Firefox 3.6.4 Lorentz Hits Beta - Out-of-Process is Here!
- Firefox 3.6.4 beta isolates crashing plug-ins
- Flash isolation technology hits Firefox 3.6.4 beta
- Will be doing broader outreach once we have the new Firefox 3.6.4 build available, trying to get more users testing.
- Next advertised major update (beltzner)
- it's been 4 weeks
- we still have 26% of our users on Firefox 3.5, 14% on Firefox 3.0.x
- survey data from those who opted out showed that factors were:
- saw no need to upgrade
- didn't think add-ons would work
- concerns about stability
- concerns about time required to upgrade
- RelEng can turn on advertised updates from 3.0.19 -> 3.6.3, 3.5.9 -> 3.6.3 at any time.