Firefox/Projects/Asynchronous Location Bar
Sprint lead: sdwilsh
Sprinters: dietrich, Mardak
- Increase the speed of which location bar searches get results.
Goals / Use Cases
- Get more file IO off the the main thread.
- Stop filtering search results on the main thread.
- Change functionality of the location bar in any way.
The idea is to use the asynchronous storage API and a user defined SQL function implemented in native code. This does mean we basically need to throw out all of our existing code for AutoComplete and start from scratch.
bug 455555 - Use asynchronous queries for places AutoComplete
- Blocking Bugs
bug 504384 - Excessive Flickering with the Asynchronous Location Bar
bug 503701 - Continued typing after a failed search hangs application
bug 503360 - Better queries for asynchronous location bar
bug 504422 - Be smarter with our strings for AUTOCOMPLETE_MATCH SQL function
- Needs new patch
bug 504853 - Don't perform a new search if the previous search is the same as this one
- Feel free to pick this bug up!