Mozilla Foundation Weekly Priorities: July 20th, 2020
- July 20 - Creative Media Award launch - “In Event of Moon Disaster” - Halsey Burgund and Francesca Panetta
- July 20 - Fellows Roundtable on the Data Futures (Proto)Lab
- July 21 - Open Web event with Ford and Siegel
- July 22 - MoFo Monthly Call
- July 27 - Creative Media Award launch - “Deep Reckonings” - Stephanie Lepp
- July 29 - RCS Challenge Summer Summit
What's Moving This Week
- Campaigns: Elections and misinformation work: streaming services and political ads; data access for researchers; Pioneer integration; Misinformation scorecard on social platforms. Next steps on Ring, EARN IT, #stophateforprofit, Nextdoor.
- Communications: Publicizing CMA "In Event of Moon Disaster"; Planning for upcoming fellow project launches; July Mozillian
- Insights: Distributing IHR Call for Ideas, compiling brainstorm ideas for the IHR, vendors briefings for IHR, finalizing theoretical part of landscape analysis on data stewardship and expanding database, starting critical analysis of data stewardship models, scoping movement partnership landscape analysis with stakeholders
- Partnerships: Fellows off-boarding event, planning for the next campaign, and Siegel grant preparation
- HR: Setting up and testing harassment training; Working with D&I committee on proposal and framework for MoFo's diversity disclosure; Analyzing interview training feedback
- Fellowships & Awards: Open Web fellows event final prep, event, and debrief; Grant for the Web application review; copy for website refresh; prep for CMA application launch; OpenDOTT Summer (virtua) school brief; Trustworthy AI + Climate Justice policy workshop in development; revised budgets for GIZ and Helmsley
- Engagement: Content & Campaigns development for H2, PNI 4.0 Planning, video work various teams, IA refresh work, backend implementation
- MozFest: Contracting new production house for MozFest, wrangler recruiting & onboarding planning, prep for August newsletter, prepping new content for website, planning for fellow/awardees engagement at MozFest
- Organizational Effectiveness: Engagement survey analysis; July staff call; Data Lead interviews; multi-year planning
- Finance & Ops: Work through new Netherland VAT requirements, complete 990 Deloitte workbook, complete stock donation platform and finalize RSM contract.
Minutes From the Last Executive Team Weekly Meeting
- Board meeting debrief - Discussed follow-ups coming out of the July board meeting, including next steps on visioning/planning for 2021-2023, and linking D&I strategy and racial justice action planning.
- Interviews for Marketing Coordinator
- Interviews for Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications
- Interviews and application screening for Data Lead
- Interviews for Digital Project Manager