Gaia Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2015-05-12
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: Ben Francis
- Minutes copied to the wiki by host each week https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
Alternate Meeting Times:
- "Early" meetings: Tues 9:00am SF, Wed 12:00am Taipei
- "Late" meetings: Tues 6:00pm SF, Wed 9:00am Taipei
Announcements & Notices
Add your workweeks, new hires, other announcements:
- Getting rid of "apps" in Firefox OS
Reporter: No update.
Gaia Architecture Work
- Telemetry library
- New Team member: Russ Nicoletti
- Targeting Sprint planning draft ready by Friday for next weeks activities in Paris
- "Working Design" finished and we are proceeding with this.
- Working on first metric for collecting startup time from end to end.
- the team: thills, russn
- Web app bridge
- Service workers
- Working to integrate library
- Learnt a lot of things about how you can and can't communicate with Service Workers
- SMS app conversion
- Music app conversion
- Contacts app conversion (prototype)
https://github.com/borjasalguero/contacts_prototype - Working on the prototype trying to have all pieces of the new architecture together. We have found some issues in Threads.js related with the impact of adding a service based in Contacts (now it has been investigated) during the first request of the contacts. - After talking with System Frontend team, we have split every view in a self-contained one (making it easy to be 'pinned' by System based on URL). This will help us as well for adding Chris proposal of Navigation - Contacts 'List' and 'Detail' view have been analyzed, reviewing all dependencies. We will try to merge a basic 'Detail' view of contacts during this week.
Talking this week: Updates:
- Fixing blockers in Dialer
- SMS working towards new architecture - split views, experimenting with threads.js
Talking this week: The team: evelyn, gchen, rexlee, johnhu, lchang, tzu-lin, shermanchen, yifan, seanlee, songchiu Updates: No update.
Media front end
Talking this week: Our team: dhylands, djf, jporter, hkoka, dkuo, dmarcos, wilsonpage, justindarc, pdahiya, rnicoletti, hub; Product: swilkes; Ux: amlee, tshakespeare, jsavory, hnguyen; EPM: mtreese QA: npark Updates: No big updates. Knocked out 2.2 blockers, starting to look at new architecture for music.
Talking this week: Sprint tracking wiki: Notes: Updates: Calendar and email refactors, for email working on conversations.
Talking this week: The team: Updates: No update.
Systems front end
Talking this week: The team: cserran, gwagner, qdot, michael h, aus, alexandr, francis, jason, pdol, benfrancis, daleharvey, gmarty, sfoster, naoki, tef, tedders1 Updates:
- Prototyping Pinning the Web design concept in London this week. Proof of concept, for potential user testing.
- BiDi issues.