Gaia Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2015-09-15
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: francisco
- Minutes copied to the wiki by host each week https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
Alternate Meeting Times:
- "TPE/EU" meeting time: Tuesdays 02:00 Pacific, 11:00 CEST
- "EU/US" meeting time: Tuesdays 9:00 Pacific, 19:00 CEST
Announcements & Notices
- New hires:
-Amazing Sam Giles is joining us
- A few bugs reported coming from doing smoke testing
- Bug 1203603 - [Cost Control] Data Limit and Usage Graph not displaying accurate results
- https://bugzil.la/1190790 [Lock Screen]Can't open a missed call from lockscreen notification.
- https://bugzil.la/1183033 [B2G] Keyboard doesn't have click sound
- https://bugzil.la/1129882 [B2G] Using the new audio channel design to manage the telephony's sound
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1162535 Major memory usage regressions in v2.5
- Dogfood build going to be tested today
- We really need a B2G rel eng build person for Taskcluster
- Aries L is blocked by camera and recovery, fixes will be coming soon hopefully.
Gaia Architecture Work
- Telemetry library
1198346 -- Addon Metrics has landed 1167710 -- Telemetry Setting has landed 1176986 -- Will land today -- working thru try errors on TV (??) 1177099 -- Payload Compression -- In progress this week 1171685 -- FTU Ping IMEI hash -- In progress this week On track to finish initial set of features QA started testing yesterday.
- Web app bridge
- Window to Window communication to do it synchronously
- Service workers
- Not many updates. Possibly SW could be even disabled for content in 2.5
- SMS app conversion
it's been decided we won't be able to do split views in a way that's good enough for the user, so we defer this until post-2.5
still working on services-in-worker though. Still issues with the mozAPIs that need to be an iframe or in a hidden window -- performance issues, architecture issues. Worst case is that we'll load all services in-window, so it's still good to split the code in smaller services anyway.
- Music app conversion
Built-in playlists landed
Search feature is in progress and hoping to land that in a week.
Working on performance optimization and integration test automation
- Contacts app conversion
- Difficult decision to make: we will revert the view splitting from master to land it on a development branch for NGA, in order to keep stability and quality in master.
- On schedule to land the Sync feature disabled in 2.5 for bookmarks, history and passwords, and enabling the feature in master the day after.
Talking this week: Updates:
SMS: except NGA, coming soon is: we'll remove the dialogs for draft saving/replacing. Please report about any issues around drafts once this lands. (bug 1176976). We also work on improving the support of the low-storage condition.
Talking this week: The team: evelyn, rexlee, johnhu, lchang, tzu-lin, yifan, seanlee; UX: tori; Product: Joe; EPM: Josh Updates:
Media front end
Talking this week: Our team: dhylands, djf, jporter, hkoka, dmarcos, wilsonpage, justindarc, rnicoletti, hub, aosmond; Product: ?; Ux: amlee, tshakespeare, jsavory, hnguyen; EPM: mtreese QA: njpark Updates:
Talking this week: Sprint tracking wiki: Notes: Updates:
Talking this week: timdream, steveck, evenxd, gasolin, snowmantw, rickychien The team: Updates:
Systems front end
Talking this week: The team: cserran, gwagner, qdot, michael h, aus, alexandr, francis, jason, pdol, benfrancis, daleharvey, gmarty, sfoster, naoki, tef, tedders1 Updates:
- (sfoster) RTL work underway with Phoxygen. Please see question on mailing list about using CSS logical properties
- (sfoster) Late customization WIP. FTU will adopt l20n to allow loading of string bundles (keeps add-on as an option)