MDN/Archives/Dev Status Meetings/2011-05-11
How did last week go? What sucked? What was awesome?
- [Needs Improvement] Promote MDN needed more detailed requirements documented. I had them in my head, but it took a while for me to get the info together and create wireframes with other stuff going on.
- [Good Work]Compiled SEO data and published a blog post to show that all the work we've been doing with MDN 0.9.x and the Kuma planning all contribute to more visibility. See http://bit.ly/ilg0iN
- [Necessary Time] Creative process takes a while when we open the feedback to the entire team. Although this sometimes takes longer than planned, I still think it's the right way to do things. Of course, I will try my best to step in and make the call when required to move things along, but overall I am happy that everyone on the team at least gets to voice their opinions and that in most cases, their feedback has a direct impact on how we do design.
- Attended JSConf and NodeConf in Portland, OR last week
- good stuff, brain full, not much work done
- Got my Kuma VM running on my laptop and out on Rackspace Cloud.
- Works on both mdn and master branches, includes Deki 10 (sorta), no phpBB (yet?)
- Makes dev easier for me, hopefully could help others
- Will be speaking at OSBridge about this VM stuff in June.
- Still clearing some non-MDN work out of my queue
- https://kuma-stage.mozilla.org user - reg & login; wiki - new & edit
- https://developer-stage9.mozilla.org, https://developer.mozilla.org are on https://github.com/mozilla/kuma/tree/mdn
- set up a mumble server at groovecoder.com
- no new wiki development - we should re-combine tracks now that we're on the same repos
- Delays getting started with MDN Homepage/Header. Began wires yesterday, should have first iteration today.
- Not much to report.
- Still working on kuma/wiki edit screen, aiming to have it done by the time the demo studio and home page designs are ready.
http://mzl.la/j6LLCv Any triage bugs bugs that need mentioning?
What do we do this week? Do we need to change objectives?
- Wrap up design feedback and get a near-final mockup for Demo Studio and Dev Derby from Matt.
- Help Les with Promote MDN as needed
- Give Chowse any feedback as he gets the wireframes together for the MDN home page and header
- Help Luke with Deki v10 upgrade as needed
- bug 646192 - starting hacking on affiliate buttons
- push MindTouch 2010 to production
- tackle bugs while waiting for derby designs and wiki templates
- investigate waffle to enable/disable kuma wiki feature alongside mindtouch
- Try to complete IA and wires of the homepage and header by Friday.
- feedback on the derby stuff
- QA bugs as they are closed.