- Since lots of people lurk in #mdn, if you're actively attending the meeting please speak up and introduce yourself.
- Moderator: Sheppy
- klez will put together an initial outline for recognizing contributors, and then encourage people to contribute to that via dev-mdc.
- klez will also investigate displaying badges on MDN
- The proposal: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/mdn-badges-roster
- It needs some fleshing-out, and we have to figure out how to make it happen.
- Please help fill in the gaps
- Please continue to help update documents to fix errors importing compatibility data into our new compatibility database!
Note items here that you want to be sure the community is aware of. We won't rehash what's listed here, but may raise and discuss questions about these items.
- Jean-Yves has been promoted to project manager for MDN! \o/
- Last MDN meetup in Paris had 15-16 attendees!
- Last London meetup had 4-5.
Topics for Discussion
Are you facing a challenge with something related to MDN, or need help from others in the community? Please bring it up for discussion.
- [Jean-Yves] A long standing bug with tags have been fixed: tags with diacritics were spontaneously appearing on pages using the non-diacritic versions. We can know delete them (hopefully forever). It is a basic, repetitive tag suitable for beginners! I will post on dev-mdc more lists, but you can already start w/ this list: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/tag/R%C3%A9f%C3%A9rence Remove 'Référence' from these pages.
- [David Weir (satdav)] As being in the UK I feel the en-us pages will put others in the UK off from viewing the MDN site or helping to contribute my suggestion to some of the team was to move it to just en or also we setup en-gb as a new locale and just duplicate the articles from the US based site, I know there is lots of en- but it would be better to just have en if you ask me then it will be english as opose to having the en-US and en-ca for example
- General opinion is that this is not a major problem since this is the first time it's come up in 10 years of MDN
- Large technical amount of work code-wise
- Large amount of content work to do
- Further discussion directed to dev-mdc
- [wbamberg] I've drafted a guide to contributing to Firefox devtools: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Contributing. If anyone would like to test it out (by fixing a devtools bug :), and let me know of any places where it doesn't work, I'd be really happy.
Anything else we need to discuss synchronously?
- Who will moderate the next meeting?