The MDN community meeting takes place in the #mdn channel on irc.mozilla.org at 10 AM PDT (17:00 UTC). See the meeting time in your time zone. It's open to anyone that would like to participate, so please feel free to join in!
Add your agenda items below. Please include your IRC nickname in parens, so we know whose item it is.
- If you're new to this meeting or to MDN, please speak up and introduce yourself.
- Jean-Yves will send his current blog post to Janet for possibly publishing on about:community.
- Regional MDN Hack Days in Q3/4
- BrasilJS (Porto Alegre)
- JS Conf EU (Berlin)
- JSFoo (India) - to be confirmed
- Portland, US - to be confirmed
- MozFest, October 24-26, London
- Ali is organizing DevRel presence/activities, collecting idea on this etherpad
- Doc project plan pages are in the process of migrating from their old location on wikimo to MDN.
- Although normally planning docs go on wikimo, we decided an exception was warranted in this case so that KumaScript can be used to help automate, and to integrate with doc status pages.
- sheppy is doing the migration work here
- As each doc plan moves to MDN, the content on wikimo is replaced with a link to MDN -- so you can keep editing existing plans on wikimo as long as they're there.
- Lots of new content on Web Audio API: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Web_Audio_API
- Service workers initial documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/ServiceWorker_API
- Web NFC spec documented: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/NFC_API
- New Audio and video delivery developer recommendation page published: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Apps/Build/Audio_and_video_delivery
- Fixed bugs
- Pushed new django-allauth backend for Persona. https://github.com/mozilla/kuma/pull/2552
- No down-time, no incidents.
- Includes much of the GitHub work already
- Includes English welcome emails
- Need to test MDN English welcome emails on production
- Will release GitHub "alpha" to dev server this week: https://developer-dev.allizom.org/