This is a place to dump ideas about embedding. Everything from wish list items to existing pages to interfaces that we might want to look at for ideas.
Apart from the zoom in and zoom out buttons, there needs to be another button that allows switching between single column and multi column views.
The reason: Most webpages will require scrolling to the right for reading articles in "normal" view, single column view will make reading easy. But, if you keep single column view as default, many webpages are not displayed properly with every column being just 3-4 characters wide. Thus, a button to toggle between columns view selection would be ideal.
I do see this problem while using Opera 9.5 on my HTC TYTN II.
Existing Wiki Pages
- Gtkmozembed - page for the existing GtkMozEmbed Widget
- Mobile/Embedding - current embedding page with lots of info
- JSctypes - accessing c libraries from JS - easy!
- XPCOM + Binary Embedding - Page from Ben about binary embedding and the future of XPCOM
- Mozilla 2 Embedding API Design - Links to Mozilla2-related items
- Embedding APIs - Notes from Brendan about embedding APIs
- Obsolete Gecko APIs - List of obsolete APIs in Gecko
- [Eclipse Java APIs]
- [JDesktop Integration Components (JDIC) APIs] - JDIC project page
- [Web Renderer] - currently embedding Gecko, proprietary license
Maemo Web Engine Abstraction Layer
- [Maemo Web Engine Abstraction Layer ] - Layer used in Maemo to abstract away browser engine differences.
Other Mozilla Embedding Code
- [Second Life / Linden Labs code for embedding Mozilla ] - Used in the second life browser. Some good code in here.
- [WebKit GTK+ Interfaces] - The ChangeLog and interfaces used in WebKit with GTK+
- [WebKit Windows Interfaces] - Note that these probably require the non-redistributable binary that Apple includes with the WebKit project
- [WebKit Mac interfaces] - See above about Windows
- [WebKit QT Interfaces] - Don't know how mature these are.