Mozilla QA Community:Firefox126.96.36.199 Smoketest Day
- 1 Welcome to the Firefox 188.8.131.52 Smoketest Day!
- 1.1 Important!
- 1.2 FAQ
- 1.3 Results
Welcome to the Firefox 184.108.40.206 Smoketest Day!
Backup your existing Firefox profile before testing!
Here is some information about backing up your profiles:
- http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/ - Backup utility for Firefox and Thunderbird
Where do I start?
- Go to your favorite IRC client
- Connect to irc.mozilla.org
- join the #testday channel
Ok, I am in the channel, now what?
- Let the moderators know if you have any questions or encounter any problems. If you are not familiar with our bugzilla bug tracking system, feel free to report your problems to a moderator and they can log any bugs for you.
What build should I test?
We will be testing the latest Firefox 220.127.116.11 builds. The builds can be found here:
How do I use Litmus to test?
- With the Firefox build you're testing, go to http://litmus.mozilla.org/
- Click on run tests in the options area.
- Select Product "Firefox", your platform and OS
- Select 1.5 branch
- Select the locale of the build you are testing.
- The build ID should be prefilled 20060106. If not, please verify that you are testing the correct build.
- Enter your email address
- Click the "Submit" button
In the next section, select the following:
- For "select testing group" click the radio button for Smoketests
- For "select subgroup" first click "Install and Startup"
- Then click the "Submit" button
- Note: you'll need to return to this page to run the Functionality and then the Uninstall tests.
Please try to run all of the tests in each subroup. Then "Submit All Results" when you've completed the tests in that section.
Who will be moderating the #testday channel?
Moderators are designated by a solid green dot in the IRC client and will be at the top of the channel.
The moderator's nicks are:
How do I file bugs?
First of all, let one of the moderators know so they can check if it is already a known problem. Then they can guide you to either provide more details, update an existing bug or file a new bug. If filing a new bug, please do a quick check to see if the bug already exists. This can easily be done by searching for the error message, window name, or some over identifying feature of the bug.
How do I send feedback?
Please use the firstname.lastname@example.org to send feedback about how the testday went, and roll up of issues found and bugs filed. We really appreciate your help today and your feedback is very valuable.
If you have issues with a particular testcase in Litmus, please take the time to add a comment to your test result indicating what is broken or unclear.
- Product: Firefox
- Test Group: Smoketests
- Branch: 1.5 Branch
- Build ID: 20060106*
- Start Time: 2006/01/06 00:00:00 PST
- Finish Time: 2006/01/07 00:00:00 PST
Total Test Results By Locale
Note: we have no way of verifying whether the Firefox builds these people were using were actually the localized versions or not. They may have simply chosen the locale they were testing from, or may have been using a separate browser instance to submit results. af-ZA is also the first locale in the drop-down list, so if there were a failure in the locale detection code, it might default to af-ZA.
Total Test Results By Platform
Total Test Results By Result Status
|Result Status||# Results|
Total Test Results By Subgroup
|Subgroup||# Results||# Testcases in Subgroup|
|Install and Startup||104||4|