Participation/Global Gatherings 2015/Singapore/Content/building developer communities
Session Title: Building Developer Communities
Leadership Framework Component: Developing Specialization, Empowering Teams & People, Building for Action & Impact
Session Description (this will appear on the sched app, so please edit to reflect clarity):
Building Developer Communities
- Share an overview of goals for Developer Marketing in 2016
- Foster discussion among and feedback from participants about how we can build volunteer participation into Developer Marketing goals and projects
- Discuss your communities’ needs or interests for working with developers
- Describe Mozilla’s strategies for Developer Marketing in 2016.
- Articulate needs for local developer communities.
Agenda (draft is fine!):
- We’re doing developer marketing! What does that mean?
- Who do we mean by “developer”?
- What do we mean by “marketing”?
- Developer-focused events (i.e., ViewSource, meetups)
- Outreach through campaigns
- Broader developer community
- What does this mean to you?
- What’s the situation for web developers in your locality?
- What are the common issues?
- What resources do they already have?
- How can we build-in participation as we build-out Developer Marketing?
Facilitators: (use Mozillian links if possible, otherwise next best profile link):