Notices / Schedule
Firefox 4 Beta 7
- as per the dev planning thread, could be shipped either off the GECKO20b7pre_20101006_RELBRANCH or default tags of mozilla-central. We'll discuss that in today's exciting roundtable.
- Of the remaining blockers:
- bug 595243 and bug 595743 are getting JSD/Firebug working with compartments; waiting for more complete patch from Sayrer/Gal?
- bug 606585 was just added recently, needs a patch
- bug 604641 looks like it will be resolved with additional merges from TraceMonkey in order to get the JetPack SDK working with compartments bug 604523 and bug 604523
- bug 604756 and bug 604996 fix high frequency stability issues with compartments; both have patches which are being evaluated/tested
- bug 598600 is ready but doesn't apply to the relbranch
- bug 606726 is tracking API changes which need to land on the relbranch
- bug 603300 and bug 596087 just need to land
Firefox 3.6.11 and 3.5.14
- Released last Tuesday
- No known issues that would cause a chemspill / rebuild
- Will not be doing another advertised MU (see below)
Firefox 3.6.12 and 3.5.15
- Will likely be a quick turnaround update for this bug
- Will do an advertised update for 3.0/3.5 users a week after release
Firefox 3.6.13 and 3.5.16
- Taking nominations and approving
- Likely released early December
- Will be talking with teams and individuals to make sure the workload between branches and FF4.0 is manageable
- Will send a draft schedule this week
- Beta 7: 11 blockers
- Beta: 470 blockers
- Final: 399 blockers
(from our goals):
- [AT RISK] Finish Firefox 4
- [ON TRACK] API-Complete Jetpack
- Joint with Jetpack team
- Currently working towards feature-complete beta SDK
- [ON TRACK] Stand up basic Firefox with Electrolysis
- Joint with Platform
- UI may not be functional, should launch and open a web page.
- Project tracking page
- [NEW] Finish Firefox 4 developer tools
- [NEW] Ensure that Firefox 4 ships with a compatible version of Firebug
- [NEW] Publish a roadmap for integrated developer tools in Firefox, including console, inspection, and js debugging
- [NEW] Develop long term plan for Skywriter maintenance/support
- Goals: Real list found here. Quick overview:
- [ON TRACK] Finish Firefox 4 blockers.
- [ON TRACK] Support Firefox Team to stand up a browser on Electrolysis.
- Workin' on blockers.
- Not much change since last week
- In not-JS-but-almost-JS news, work proceeds on exposing DOM properties as proper ES5 accessor properties, with function-valued getter/setter functions (bug 560072); has most-of-the-way semi-hackish patch, but not yet clear whether the more principled fix is preferable
- Some android tests now live http://oduinn.com/blog/2010/10/24/breakthrough-on-android-automation/
- more testing boards on order
- Need a 3 hour downtime to update talos and install MozillaDongle Mark II/III (tm) on the snow leopard machines.
- today? this week? next week? after "go to build" of which release?
- [beltzner] Should we ship beta 7 off mozilla-central default or the b7 relbranch created on October 6th?
- since October 6th, over 300 blockers and over 500 non-blockers have landed on mozilla-central
- we have not had nightly testing on the b7 relbranch, and the compartments work has never been on that branch
- prior to the compartments landing, QA had declared the b7 relbranch content to be stable
- decision was to ship beta7 off mozilla-central
- tree will be locked to beta 7 blockers immediately (and fennec b2 blockers)
- teams to re-triage beta8 blocker list to identify bugs that need to block beta7 (new regressions since the branch point)
- [smooney] A few new crashes in the past week we would like to have triaged.