« previous week | index | next week »
Notices / Schedule
- FF4.0b7 will be built today, barring any new blockers
- FF4.0b8 will be fairly quickly after (~3 weeks? depends on blockers)
- Need drivers to triage / make sure b8 blockers are true blockers
(from our goals):
- [AT RISK] Finish Firefox 4
- [ON TRACK] API-Complete Jetpack
- Joint with Jetpack team
- Currently working towards feature-complete beta SDK
- [ON TRACK] Stand up basic Firefox with Electrolysis
- Joint with Platform
- UI may not be functional, should launch and open a web page.
- Project tracking page
- [NEW] Finish Firefox 4 developer tools
- [NEW] Ensure that Firefox 4 ships with a compatible version of Firebug
- [NEW] Publish a roadmap for integrated developer tools in Firefox, including console, inspection, and js debugging
- [NEW] Develop long term plan for Skywriter maintenance/support
- Goals: Real list found here. Quick overview:
- [ON TRACK] Finish Firefox 4 blockers.
- [ON TRACK] Support Firefox Team to stand up a browser on Electrolysis.
- No Beta 7 blockers.
- Continuing to work on beta 8+ blockers. Nothing in particular to report here.
- 1 beta8 blocker, has reviewed patch.
- Blocker counts are rising while the tree has been closed for beta7 work.
Team meeting tomorrow, Nov 3 2010, 2pm Pacific:
conf #8605, Warp Core
1.) Wrapping up performance work that is in flight 2.) Driving the blocker list to zero 3.) Hacking to look forward to after we ship Firefox 4
We'll make sure we've got a workable plan.
- ES5 work
- wrapping up bug 577325, making our processing of function definitions conform to ES5+errata
- also still going on bug 514568 to give strict mode eval its own scope (such evals can't mess with the binding set of the calling code)
- A few minor announcements about mobile infrastructure:
- 11 tegras arrived, imaged, powered, racked; not yet setup in masters and still waiting for SDcards.
- ~15 of 40 n900s imaged. Waiting for all to be in production before we can enable on tryserver
- Numbers down a bit over the weekend - under 2000 crashes a day. The users were also down from last week but compared to a similar number of users 2 weeks ago, the crashes numbers are a bit lower.
- Most topcrashers are logged for beta8.
- We have a list we will keep an eye on after beta7 is released.
- A few new ones that were logged today but not high volume.
- Nothing to triage after today's meeting.