Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2012-09-25 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Notices / Schedule
- 2 Firefox OS
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Add-on SDK
- 6 Performance
- 7 GFX
- 8 JS
- 9 Layout
- 10 Media
- 11 DOM
- 12 WebAPI
- 13 Network
- 14 Identity
- 15 Plugins
- 16 Mobile
- 17 Accessibility
- 18 Tree Management
- 19 Security
- 20 Stability Report
- 21 Roundtable
Notices / Schedule
- FF16 Beta 5 is going to build today!
- Any approved & unlanded fixes need to go in ASAP
- We'll be approving this morning, please land ASAP
- Code freeze is this Friday, 9/28. Please take a look at your tracked bugs and let us know current status.
- FF16 Beta 6 (our final) will go to build on Monday, 8/1
- Release Day is 8/9
- Update your calendars for the modified release schedule, or just subscribe to our calendar (updated soon)
- Everyone's focused on finishing feature work by 9/28, and identifying any remaining feature work so that it can be evaluated by drivers.
- Feature work on platform side that is known slipping are Payments+Identity, and various other smaller pieces within the platform.
- Post 9/28 plan being hammered out this week. Expect awesomeness of lockdown - blockers only and driver approvals for non-blocking bugs, etc.
- Blocker dashboard: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/
- All platform Basecamp blockers: http://j.mp/SPWjG2
- Marco Bonardo refactored about:home to avoid startup issues and lead the way to removing its use of localStorage (bug 615785, bug 749477)
- Bellindira Castillo landed initial telemetry probes for tab switching speed: bug 753127
- Jared Wein landed perf improvements to the URL bar styling code (bug 781588). See also his blog post about the snappy work week
- Mark Hammond, Jared Wein, Felipe Gomes and Shane Caraveo landed a whole bunch of social fixes
- Matt N. did a great job writing hotfixes to warn 10.5 users and fix update bustage in Firefox 15 (bug 774509, bug 790096)
- Brian Bondy is hard at work getting Firefox ready for the Windows 8 release (Firefox 16 is the target there)
- Tim Taubert is making progress on landing new tab page preloading, which should help new tab responsiveness
- Tim Taubert landed lightweight themes image cropping bug, which should help address some slow startups caused by those
Firefox Developer Tools
- Shipped 1.10 last week, Wes wrote a great blog post about it
- Going to introduce a 1 week delay into our release cycle to sync with Firefox
- More blog posts about the new page-mod features coming in 1.11
- Tim fixed part of Persona slowness and improved start-up by ~10% (bug 650968)
- Jeff improved final layers paint by 25x without hardware accelerated on Aero glass (bug 788794)
- bugs of interest
- support lengths again in matrix() for -moz-transform only (not transform) bug 774169
- nsIFrame::List (debug-only method) now has optional subdocument traversal (bug 788202)
- Make Azure canvas's drawWindow use Azure for content drawing when Azure-content is preffed on (bug 772726)
- support for downloadable fonts in printing and print preview (bug 468568)
- WebRTC components are being reviewed and landing in m-c (thanks for reviews!)
- We expect to land preffed-off via an about:config pref
- Getting very close to having new bindings for a DOM element. (peterv, bz)
- driving towards B2G feature freeze
- working on support for tel:, sms:, and mailto: URI schemes
- finalizing clearing of private data plumbing for B2G
- most B2G app security model code landed or very close
- Linux desktop builds (32 & 64-bit) now switched to centos6 builders. Many of these builds are now happening in AWS. Kudos to rail and jhopkins for getting this working!
- Still fixing some minor fallout, including leak test hangs. Please file new bugs for problems and have them block bug 772446
- Aiming to uplift these changes to 17 before beta1
- Need help diagnosing mochitest failures on XP! https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mozilla.dev.platform/yK796OIY-y0
- Shumway SecReview tomorrow at 13:00 PST
Bugs needing info for security action
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Some HBase problems (bad region) caused issues with data available on the website on Monday, this is fixed now.
- New version of Flash pushed out to Windows users last week.
- Many more reports can be found here: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/0000.overview.html
- Crashes per ADU is still under 2% with over 90 million ADUs.
- bug 793175 Firefox 18 spike in crashes @ gfxContext::PushClipsToDT while hovering over tab preview in Task Bar
- bug 793416 crash in gfxXlibNativeRenderer::Draw
- bug 792698 IonMonkey: crash in js::Vector<unsigned char, 32, js::SystemAllocPolicy>::growStorageBy
- New bugs
- Top crashes showing up in Explosive Report
- 9 out of top 10 are startup crashes
- ion monkey bug : bug 791462 has a patch incoming.
- bug 786826 is actionable, but not a top crash.
- Need to wait for ADU/Crashes to be more stable. Looks good so far.
- bug 756140 something we've talked about.
- Down at the bottom of the report we are seeing over 200 crashes in the nightly that have sigkills with address locations for nightly
- bug 752828 looking at the patch from bug 741224, it might be helpful to get the API levels for the crashers?
- Need STR from QA.
- bug 745512 #6 on release, not shown in beta and above.
- bug 750217 to be monitored for next beta release.
- Sending crash reports from devices should work in theory, but doesn't in practice, need to investigate. Noted in bug 773892 for now.
- Had a meeting on the crash reporting story in terms of UI and privacy on Friday, work now happening on what the UI should look like, implementation work needed. https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/issues/4149