- 1 QA Community Team Meeting
- 2 Upcoming Testdays
- 3 Discussion Items
- 4 Project Status
- 4.1 Community Building/Events (ideas and progress) [marcia/ashughes]
- 4.2 QA Videos [marcia]
- 4.3 QMO [abillings]
- 4.4 Roundtable
- 4.5 Meeting Notes/Action Items
QA Community Team Meeting
- September 7, 2011
- Attendees: matt, marcia, james, ashughes, vlad, bebe
- Supposed to be a WebQA testday this Friday -- need to check with Marlena (ashughes)
- GTAC Meetup in Mt. View office - still need to come up with a blurb to post on QMO and meetup.com
- Reminder to use http://etherpad.mozilla.org:9000/QA-Community-Brainstorm for any ideas you have.
- QA ambassadors document
- marcia still working on it
- Testday Participant Survey -- any objections to sending this out? (ashughes)
- Communicate via results blog following a testday
- Initial blog post asking people to fill it out
- Include link in etherpad for each testday
- Testday Metrics -- please review and provide general feedback (ashughes)
- Central place for scheduling/planning/tracking/metrics
- Etherpad would continue to serve as the test plan
- Wiki would serve as general documentation about testdays and what they are all about
- Will personally maintain this until end-Q3 at which point I would like the testday leads to start using it (shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes of data-entry per testday)
- Testdays during All-hands/Work-week? (ashughes)
- Anthony to work with Softvision to set up testdays driven by them on the 16th and 23rd
- marcia working on a presentation for next week - she will be covering the community aspect of CrashKill.
- marcia may propose a session related to community at work week - depends on what other sessions show up on the wiki.
Community Building/Events (ideas and progress) [marcia/ashughes]
- marcia meeting with William and Pierros tomorrow re: Contribute to Mozilla event at MozFest.
- We are stalled in trying to create a mailing list - the bug is still in the server ops queue
QA Videos [marcia]
- Rainer out of town this week so will try to regroup after the All Hands.
- No updates -- Al on PTO (ashughes)
- Status of Bug 684088 and QA Whiteboard proposal
- Getting a vidyo room for these meetings on an ongoing basis
- Running into trouble finding a conf room that has vidyo that is available at this time according to calendar.
- What's the status on Firefox 4 t-shirts for community nominees? (ashughes)
Meeting Notes/Action Items
Action items/Notes from (20110907) meeting
- Get communications out as soon as possible for upcoming Test Day(entire team)
- Make timezone a dropdown instead of free form text field in TestDay questionnaire [ashughes]
- marcia to contact Mary about status of Firefox 4 tshirts.
- marcia and matt to sync up offline re: blurb for GTAC meetup
- matt to clarify if the next mtg will be during QA work week
- waverly to organize a Test Day event for the 16th and 23rd.
- ashughes needs team feedback on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmkRt0ylPb8zdEFaWGtlbjdNNXowR210S2NVb0sxVnc&hl=en_US
- marcia needs to get a vidyo URL to post
Whiteboard Status thread
- Identify how we are going to proceed
- Dedicated time within the work week to get things assigned.
- Goal of the work week that we have done a lot of triage - clearly Firefox 8-9-10
Move forward with plans to get Devs involved in QA test events
- Push forward invite to a Webcast -
- Get Something planned for dev.planning - request help from devs that are interested
- Target Friday of the QA work week - possibly the 23rd
- Doesn't have to be a developer that hosts the test event. Could be someone like Asa or Mitchell
Meetups in Klug
- Matt suggested that the Waverly team set one up and then go from there.
- Next meeting
- Unclear whether the next Community meeting will fall during the QA Work week
Action items/Notes from (20110824) meeting
- Consensus around the theme
- Perhaps Involve Bob's group
- Advertise in GTAC forums, Linked in, Lightning talks
- What is the goal of having the meetup?
- I think we want to keep the notion of talks to lightning talks - social interaction should be emphasized
- Adding others to this meeting:
- Increase the visibility of our involvement into community - advertising blitz to this meeting. Call into this meeting.
- Focal point of our community involvement. Call to our community - Adding others to this meeting -> Broader community -> Focal point - wider participation in this meeting.
- Key is to Advertise as much as we possibly can - Better communication - Every Two weeks
- QA Ambassadors
- Building a more global community - have people involved in more places around the world
- We should think of anything we could ask of them - owen
- What do we want them to do?
- Draft Document is on Google documents -> Will send out in notes
- Test Days
- Testday Drivers/Topics for September
- Matt recommends not doing something on 9/2
- Can we use vidyo - record a webcast of the screen sharing video itself - planning to do for this test day on Friday. AI - Advertise it - Trial run with Joe Drew this Friday
- Recorded session versus webcast - what we can do with it.
- Combination would be good - screencast
- Action Items:
- QA team: Add ideas to http://mozqa.sync.in/qa-oct-meetup-ideas for GTAC
- Marcia to Create etherpad for Mozilla Ambassador feedback
- Created: See http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/QA-Community-SIG
- Anthony to send messaging about no Test Day on 9/2/11
- Marlena to ask WebQA about potential Test Day topics for 9/9/11
Action Items/Notes from (20110713) meeting
- GTAC - Matt will register team. Something around test automation - demo hot tools in automation. October 26-27, 2011 in Mt. View
- Firefox Testday Cadence
- Best time for Beta test day is one week after the merge
- Best time for Aurora test day is 4 weeks after the merge
- ashughes to create public page to suggest topics
- http://quality.mozilla.org/teams/qmo-community/ - do we really need it? owen is confused and other people may be confused.
- File a bug to remove the QA Community Team Page
- How we do our org chart internally-and how we present to community does not have to be a 1:1 correlation.
Action items from (20110615) meeting
- marcia and owen to meet to talk about badging rewards
Action items from (20110601) meeting
- Owen to create a wiki page to suggest some flow improvements
- Need more moderators for this week's test day
- Need to get Test Day posts up on QMO early if we have one scheduled.
- Please review QMO badge sketches that Al sent out on 5/26/11
- Marcia following up with Mary re: events
- Videos - Think about refreshing the QA video on the front page
Action Items from (20110518) meeting
- [DONE] ashughes to add TestDay checklist info to https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/QA_Community/Meetings/2011-05-18 and also make the schedule a static link
'Marcia to add a Brainstorming scrumpad to Community page where suggestions can be made such as improvements to QMO, video ideas, etc.'
- Marcia to follow up with Rainer to get the video of the QA team at Whistler
- Marcia to Dig deeper with Mary about events after Friday meeting
- Tracy owes Tony a video for sync - Introduction to Sync - Tips and Tricks on how to test
- Al to get TwoPress URL - maybe look at it once it is up on QMO staging site
- Expansion of testdays into the European and Asian
timezones. Softvision can help us here. Henrik sees this as very impt. to the expansion of our community