QA Community Team Meeting
- May 18, 2011
- Attendees: abillings, juanb, owen, matt, ashughes, marcia, tchung
- Friday, May 20th, 2011: Firefox Mobile testday (atrain)
- Tuesday, May 24th, 2011: WebQA Automation testday (dburns)
- Friday, May 27th, 2011: Regression Window testday (abillings)
Check the documentation for help planning an event
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/QA_Community has been created and needs some content added to it.
Community Building/Events (ideas and progress) [marcia/tomcat/ashughes]
QA Videos [marcia]
- Have not seen Rainer in the office this week - will follow up as soon as I see him.
- Craig Cook is currently working on the theme and graphical work for QMO 4.0.
- WebDev still has not found any resources for the Bugzilla integration, which puts it at risk for QMO 4.
- Status of QMO video integration? We should try to figure out whether in the interim we just want to point to a flat list of links so that community members can see presentations and other video that we don't want to promote on the front page [marcia]
Meeting Notes/Action Items
- More newcomers than regulars at last test day
- 5-6 regulars
- Is Proper pre-advertising being done?
- Owen suggests that the Link to the etherpad should be the first thing - otherwise in some IRC clients it gets cut off
- Events update/Overall Community
- Will have more information after Friday meeting
- Attending conferences - specifically targeting testing conferences such as StarEast, StarWest, etc. or any conference where this is a tech audience.
- We should revisit doing a community newsletter
- Two Press plugin will allow us to have a channel that automatically lists videos - could be YouTube or Vimeo. Vimeo has a paid option which offers more features.
- TwoPress - maybe look at it on staging site to get a better idea of how it works.
- Action Items
- ashughes to add TestDay checklist info to https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/QA_Community/Meetings/2011-05-18 and also make the schedule a static link
'Marcia to add a Brainstorming scrumpad to Community page where suggestions can be made such as improvements to QMO, video ideas, etc.'
- Marcia to follow up with Rainer to get the video of the QA team at Whistler
- Marcia to Dig deeper with Mary about events after Friday meeting
- Tracy owes Tony a video for sync - Introduction to Sync - Tips and Tricks on how to test
- Al to get TwoPress URL - maybe look at it once it is up on QMO staging site
- Expansion of testdays into the European and Asian
timezones. Softvision can help us here. Henrik sees this as very impt. to the expansion of our community