Releases/Firefox 6/Final Signoffs
This page will track declaring the latest mozilla-beta build as the final in this cycle and starting the build off of the mozilla-release repository.
Please note that issues found in the final moments of the beta period may still require us to rebuild before release
- Mozilla Mountain View: Holodeck conf room, 3rd floor
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- bug 677510 - Looks to be a site issue that only happens on Fx8 but need confirmation
- bug 669196 - Looks to not affect Beta but not 100% sure
- bug 674335 - BBC font bug, worried it won't be fixed on their end and it may look like a Fx6 regression
- bug 675645 - Known regression we are shipping with to fix a larger issue, may be more common than we think
- bug 677095 - Extra 1px when using common web css. Investigation is still in early stages, may be graphics driver specific but still worried
- b5 has 1.1 million users with a crash rate of 2.128 crashes per 100 ADU - http://test.kairo.at/socorro/2011-08-09.buildcrashes.html.
- Slightly higher rate than b4 but crashes up a bit across all versions - some flash hangs are rising.
- No big concerns at this point that we feel block the release.
- Haven't correlated the slight rise in hangs to anything specific yet.
- Bug 469267 - never really determined the reason for the spike.
- Bug 675269 - still haven't had someone look into it.
Mobile specific stability notes
- No crash blockers on mobile at this stage.
- 6.0b5 has been extensively tested for regressions and landed features
- 19 fixes verified on 6.0b5, none REOPENED
- Good to go in QA's opinion
- bug 677095 : 1px background-image miss-handling when position is fixed
- just came in yesterday, concerned about the potential impact. Root cause is unknown
- don't think it's a "blocker" for Firefox 6, do we want to relnote?
- bug 677510: Video Controls buttons "Mute/unmute" and "Expand/Shrink" are lacking icons on HTML5 videos
- unclear of how wide-spread the issue is, do we want to relnote?
- bug 676780 finally has a trivial / safe fix. Do we want to take it with no testing and put the final build at risk?
- bug 669289 finally has a trivial / safe fix. Do we want to take it with no testing and put the final build at risk?
- 94% Compatibility (for 95% top usage add-ons).
- Very minor breaking changes.
- Yahoo! Toolbar will probably not make the cut. Will have better answer by end of week.
Old signoffs for bg, cy, en-ZA, fa, mai, ml, sq, ta, ta-LK, th
All in slightly different buckets, but essentially, they're shipping with English about:permissions and scratchpad
good to go
Good to go
On Track with a few bugs still remaining. No concerns for Tuesday.
- Tracking bug 664012
Release Notes status?