Main | Join | Procedures (SOPs) | Leadership (Resources) | Meetings | Website | FAQ
In certain occasions, the swag that is already available from Mozilla may not be appropriate. In such case, a Rep or a regional community may want to create custom swag. Although there are elements that needs to be respected and a few cliffs to avoid.
When to create Regional Swag?
Generally Mozilla Rep can request official Mozilla swag by filling out a special form which will be reviewed by the Mozilla Reps council and approved/rejected within a week. There are some occasions, where the regional community produce its own swag for various reasons:
- The Mozilla Community has a lot of creative talent, and community members produce stunning artwork[link: creative.mozilla.org].
- Special regional events
- Regional community identity - some communities have made their own regional identity by creating a specific logo or mascot to represent their community internationally - Kumi of Indonesia, Foxkeh of Japan etc. - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mozillaindia/sets/72157626063609355/
- Operational costs
- Scaling the swag to number of people attending
- Associating/Partnering with a regional organization/sponsor
Creating your own Mozilla merchandise
Mozilla Reps are welcome to produce their own customized swag, provided they follow the Mozilla's Trademark Policy and especially the section, "Logos and Merchandise" + Mozilla logo guidelines  to avoid some common mistakes. . And please remember, the goal with producing merchandise is to promote values, and not to make money. And also, please remember that you cannot sell any merchandise with a Mozilla trademark, even if it is to recoup costs or for raising funds. Official logos can be found here[www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/brand/]. The Mozilla Community Store is also place where anyone can upload a T-Shirt design, or buy T-Shirts with designs created by other members of the community. To find some inspiration, make sure to check out the Mozilla T-Shirt archive, or the Firefox 3 T-Shirt contest.
As noted in the Trademark Policy, you must respect any Mozilla trademarks you might incorporate into your artwork.
You can also check the awesome new [www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/brand/ Mozilla Brand Toolkit] full of guidelines on how to use our logos.
Creative Online Workshop
On May 7th 2009, Mozilla's Marketing Team hosted an online "Creative" workshop with useful tips and suggestions on how to create Firefox shirts, affiliate buttons and more. To download the slides of their presentation, click here. http://videos.mozilla.org/serv/marketing/FxLaunch35CreativeWorkshop.ogg
Examples of locally produced merchandise:
- Mozilla Indonesia T-shirts[link], stickers[link], paper toys
- Mozilla Korea
- Mozilla Japan http://www.foxkeh.com/
- Mozilla Jordan t-shirt