SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 3
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1
- 1.4 Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning
- 1.5 Roundtable
- 1.6 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug)
- Find a volunteer to drive the Modern theme updates into the tree.
- Make sure a bug is filed to create the UI for the mail archiving function available in the backend.
- SeaMonkey developers will need to nominate bugs for Beta 1.
- Create new bugzilla components: session store, Tabs and Toolbars (to match Firefox and Thunderbird).
- The fishcam webpage needs to replace the "Get Firefox" button with a "Get SeaMonkey" button or at least add a SeaMonkey one. Assigned to KaiRo.
SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 3
- Relbranched, tagged, and build a first build: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/2.0a3-candidates/build1/
- Built a second release candidate, see: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/2.0a3-candidates/build2/
- Crash bug 479206 included in this build.
- Only one blocker left which is to Create the 2.0a3 release notes.
- We're also watching closely what Thunderbird is doing. If they respin again, we would probably have to do the same.
SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1
- This will be the next milestone, but there are no firm plans yet.
- The target is probably about 6-8 weeks from now.
Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 381157 Download manager backend.
- bug 472001 UI for download manager.
- Review done as far as possible with the code only. Waiting on backend.
- bug 36810 Session restore.
- landed in time for 2.0a3!
- Misak is working on followup bugs such as:
- bug 478707 (SeaMonkey sessionstore saves, but doesn't restore closed tabs list).
- Toolbar customization:
- bug 394288 (Navigator): Fixed. All dependencies fixed.
- Toolkit bug 476814 (Unfork/Unify customizeToolbar.* and customizeToolbarSheet.*) has been checked in on trunk; and it needs to land on 1.9.1 subsequently as well. However this isn't urgent since currently we are using a forked copy.
- bug 413385 (MailNews): It would be preferable to have small icons for the MailNews window first. And turning customization on may break some of the more complicated and XBLfied button widgets. However I think it's best to start on this and catch regressions early.
- The Council will have to decide on which other windows to turn on toolbar customization. The procedure is essentially:
- 1. Make suitable small icons.
- 2. Turn on the customize code (just call the code already in utilityOverlay.*).
- 3. Catch regressions.
- bug 456757 Modern theme update
- The next step is to file bugs/patches for each sub-module under mozapps/ in order to get reviewed. Ideally a graphically oriented person should to drive this - helpwanted.
- If someone (who is reading this) understands our review process and can drive the existing stuff into the tree, please help us there!
- bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
- No progress at the moment but stefanh says he will look into this soon.
- bug 454847 Fishcam update.
- landed in time for 2.0a3
- Pointing to http://www.fishcam.com/ now, which has a nice new camera up.
- The webcam page needs to replace the "Get Firefox" button with a "Get SeaMonkey" button or at least add a SeaMonkey one.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch.
- bug 460953 Port jminta's kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
- mcsmurf has a large patch ready for one particular area but it needs review and isn't a priority at the moment.
- bug 415372 Implement Feed Preview.
- No progress since the last report.
- bug 471346 (Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service).
- Need to update the patch to use the Windows API directly, not via nsIWindowsRegKey.
- bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
- Mnyromyr was successful in the distanglement of the UI so we can now separate tabmail from Thunderbird.
- bug 449728 Write front-end code to handle Drag & Drop tabs between browser windows back end introduced in bug 113934.
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Almost no time for coding this week. See:
- bug 471932 Do some tidy up/fixing of feed subscription and related code - fixes lots of issues with the new shared code - new patch with updated folderDeleted tests is STILL waiting for review.
- Usual reviewing and commenting.
- Hopefully will have time next week to do some more coding.
- Away this week for being one of four representatives of Mozilla at Lift09 in Geneva.
- As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.
- Looked into bug 466994 (New FAYT implementation prevents entering any text in text input boxes while search is active) Collected some ideas for fixing this, implemented a patch locally, currently only works for text input boxen in the same tab; does not work for other tabs or text input in chrome.
- bug 476988 SeaMonkey crashes just after profile selection panel display, when Sm is invoked via internet shortcut. Attached a patch to this bug, still need to request review.
- bug 467249 Modify folderWidgets.xml to be able to XBLify the Go menu in MailNews. Got review for the patch, need to check this in. When this is checked in, quite some code in the MailNews UI can be replaced with XBL bindings.
- Did some reviewing of installer patches.
- Session restore landing and followup patches.
- bug 425480 (non-ASCII characters should be decoded in the urlbar) and followups.
- finally finished sifting through mailnews ui chaos, resulting in a first patch for bug 390262
- tabmail progress stalled until next week
- Bug triage, especially concentrating on the fallout from the 182 bugs mass closed without review.
- Keeping the Mozillazine forum readers informed with the latest SeaMonkey developments and general SeaMonkey evangelism (unfortunately all these new features just makes them even more impatient for 2.0 final).
- Tracking requirements for Calendar integration in both SeaMonkey and Thunderbird.
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey bugs:
- And working on other areas... like
Any other business?
- SeaMonkey now has an "OS Integration" component in Bugzilla. Should be used for bugs in the shell service (and possibly other areas of code in the future).