SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1
- 1.3 Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning
- 1.4 Roundtable
- 1.5 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- "New bugzilla components". Post to m.d.a.thunderbird/m.d.a.seamonkey/m.d.planning with some proposals and get it done. Just suggest something sensible following existing patterns for the qa contacts. [IanN]
- bug 485005 Create new bugzilla component for Feed Handling (detection/preview). [Ratty]
- Suggestion: "Feed Discovery and Preview" | "Bugs in SeaMonkey's discovery of feeds and inline preview" | email@example.com
- "New bugzilla components action item" should be raised at MailNews/TB meeting for the bits still outstanding. In bug 471534 we still need Feed Handling for SeaMonkey; all the various MailNews core additions and moves; plus OS Integration for TB and Calendar. [KaiRo]
- The Session Restore component has "firstname.lastname@example.org" as the QA contact. We need to file a bug to get this fixed. [Ratty]
SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1
- SeaMonkey developers will need to nominate bugs that they think should be considered for blocking Beta 1.
- Target/freeze dates? Sync with Thunderbird 3.0 beta 3 again? Yes.
- Firefox 3.5b4 has a code freeze on 2009-04-15 (Wednesday) and planned release late in the week of April 20th; Thunderbird 3.0b3 has strict freeze on 2009-04-28 (Tuesday), target ship date on 2009-05-05 (Tuesday).
- The download manager and tabmail are the biggest things we're missing so far.
- Tabmail is a perquisite for Lightning which we would like to support.
Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 381157 Download manager backend.
- Waiting for new patch from Callek.
- bug 472001 UI for download manager.
- Updated patch with some additional small fixes. Waiting for the backend to land.
- Need to do some testing on Modern and need to port tests from toolkit.
- bug 483241 Fully implement download progress dialogs.
- No progress.
- Toolbar customization:
- bug 413385 MailNews.
- (Still) Waiting for review.
- bug 481862 Small buttons for MailNews: waiting for reviews and comments.
- bug 464653 Fine Tune the toolbar context menu.
- No time to work on this yet. This is polish, not a blocker.
- Plans on other components?
- None at the moment. Volunteers welcome.
- Customizable Composer toolbars would save us a whole pref panel.
- bug 413385 MailNews.
- bug 456757 Modern theme update.
- Benjamin asked a bit about the process of updating the patches and said he'll work on that. Not much more has happened to date.
- bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
- slowly making progress.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
- We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
- bug 460953 Port jminta's kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
- There isn't any urgent need for progress on this as long as we don't break. It might be good for extensions if we to convert our folder pane to be JS-driven e.g. calendar wants to put items there.
- bug 415372 Implement Feed Preview.
- bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
- No Progress.
- bug 348720 New icon set for "SeaMonkey Default Theme".
- No Progress.
- bug 465504 Include an identity indicator in primary chrome (EV certificate UI).
- No Progress.
- We should have the Larry icon in the urlbar, with a tooltip with the certificate name and "verified by". Clicking on this should open the security tab on page info. Here we should include the icons Firefox has in its Larry popup. In addition, the certificate name should be in the status bar with the lock icon.
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Usual reviewing and commenting.
- Been too busy with work to do any other coding in this last two weeks.
- Reworked the tester buildbot configurations to match the Firefox/"mozilla2" configurations more closely.
- Investigated switching to the abstracted classes but found bugs that need fixing before that.
- Prepared 1.1.16 after investigating all the security fixes (I'm a security group member now!). This fixes the XSLT bugs fixed in FF 3.0.8 plus two more critical security issues fixed only in upcoming FF 3.0.9.
- As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.
- Working on bug 481862 (The Main MailNews window needs suitable button icons for small button mode). Almost done, minor things like actual size images generation should be done.
- Porting sessionstore followup bugs.
- Sessionstore tests waiting for review.
- Fixed bug 485175 Make geolocation tests even more reliable.
- Fixed bug 463294 toolkit typeaheadfind isn't useful.
- Fixed bug 470586 Intermittent crash when deleting hosts in grouped view.
- Added test for bug 473157 Changing sorting mode should not affect the (history) containers.
- Investigated bug 484484 Appropriate Tango smilies.
- Investigated bug 485720 Find dialog not tall enough.
- Hoping for an updated feed preview patch (bug 415372).
- Need to review chrome disentanglement (bug 390262).
- Bugs fixed:
- bug 485407 Assignment to undeclared variable dragAfter.
- Currently working on bugs:
- bug 435652 Scrollbars become hidden/disappear when the window gets smaller/shrinks (but not too small). But blocked by Core bug 482955 landing on 1.9.1.
- bug 479992 Better fix for the "Halo"/Extended border around buttons on modern theme. But blocked by Core bug 456219 landing on 1.9.1.
- bug 413385 Implement Customizable Toolbars in SeaMonkey MailNews. Patch posted. Waiting for reviews.
- Bug discussions: Weave should support SeaMonkey, Upgrade MailNews smileys ,
- Bug triage.
- Mozillazine discussions and agitprop.
- Went to BarCampKL 2009
- Fixed Core/... (but SM related) bugs:
- bug 80974 In <smtpEditOverlay.*>, minor code-cleanup
- bug 469581 |make *test*| doesn't accept arguments, like --leak-threshold; (Bv1-CC) Keep SeaMonkey |mochitest-browser-chrome| in sync'
- bug 479978 remove references to MOZ_PROFILE from the build system; (Fv1-CC) Remove |splitsymbols| target call
- bug 485175 [SeaMonkey] Some Mochitest geolocation tests fails now; (Av2) Port bug 483845 to SM
- bug 485756 Make Core reftest/crashtest make targets available
- bug 485736 Add (TUnit) 'xpcshell-tests' |make| target, using |runxpcshelltests.py| new '--manifest' option; (Bv1a-CC) Add target
- And working on other areas... like
Any other business?
- Somebody should look into the two oranges: