Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> davida
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Planned Freeze Dates ( All dates use time of 23:59 PST )
- Slushy String freeze date: 2009-04-21 (Tuesday)
- Slushy Code Freeze date: 2009-04-23 (Thursday)
- Firm String / Code freeze date: 2009-04-28 (Tuesday)
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: 2009-04-30 (Thursday)
- Target Build Ship date: 2009-05-05 (Tuesday)
- dmose is release driver
- gozer is build engineer
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (b3) 1 (-2)
- Five weekly milestones ([m1] - [m5]) have been created to help spread out b3ux feature work across the milestone and avoid lots of hard landings / misses at the end of the cycle.
- please update status whiteboard with status of your bugs for the next week's milestone by the end of each Thursday, dmose will poke these on Friday
- Bug-owners: please try to find a little time (an hour?) and go through as many bugs as you can and add a few paragraphs about implementation strategy and test plan. This will be helpful for both QA and for convincing people to step up to the plate for new bugs, and the hope is that it will actually be a net win as far as time spent goes, despite requiring the time-investment up-front.
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 11 (-4)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- Held the last One year of bug day events
- Result look bad in numbers , maybe one new contributor joined
- Bugdays is 5 away from having 2,000 bugs change resolution
- Having the first B3 test day this week
- this depends heavily on what will land
- Working on moving some litmus test to mozmill
- QA contribution from our user base is low
- Maybe 05-15 people triaging.
- This needs to increase.
- Still only one (Poptarts) description written. Need testplans for ____, _____
- BMO now allows status NEW>UNCO. So, now bugs whose quality does not measure up to being NEW can, and should be, kicked back to UNCO
- Discussion in progress in m.d.planning about bugzilla workflow
- MTBF is running again (but 3.0b2 and 3.0b3pre sparklines will be missing data until bug 472157 back-fills old data)
- Negative press articles, and how to respond.
- Steady flow of GetSatisfaction requests, working with volunteers.
- SpreadThunderbird - testing out new layouts this weekend, poster contest/contest framework.
- Working on Mozmill.
- Reviews and triage
- Proposed revised content policy (bug 374578, bug 466527) to allow us (and extensions) to be able to correctly load remote content into iframes (and/or browser) elements in non-mail tabs.
- bug 455246 Completed the final patch for card -> contact renames.
- bug 482489 Adding extra information to alerts system so that we can get account information at UI level (and be able to group it errors/warnings in activity manager).
- More work on Mozmill alongside _Tsk_
- was hoping to get running for content policy changes
- Andrew has proposed a way for hooking Mozmill tests up, which I think may work for running tests automated.
- still looking at hooking up to bloat (bug 458352), and trying to sort out issues with current trunk builds. There is one issue remaining that seems to mean we aren't running any tests when running mozmill from the command line. Once that is fixed, already have an idea for clean shutdown, and as a result we should be able to fix bloat tests.
- Looked at hooking activity manager up to status bar
- Some issues as "loading..." message overrides the last item, e.g. Moved 1 message to x.
- Tracked down two trunk Lk regressions (which were actually caused by mozilla-central) and suggested that they have an automated Lk regression tracker (as they have for Talos).
- Tracked down regression from bug 487202 which causes trunk builds to break (start up, but broken js file), waiting to hear if this is an issue with TB code or not.
Goals for this week:
- Sending mail in background.
- gloda search still underway with refactoring, working on unit tests and cleaning up now. learned a bit about mozmill and its framework/drivers to write tests for mozmill
- Reviews and driving
- Submitted auto config patch for review - working through issues Phil found
- Added way to have hidden accounts for smart mailboxes, bug 482477
- Fixed incorrect bolding of imap folders when they don't have new messages, bug 482754
- Fixed handling of move/copy of local folders to imap server such that we can do more than one copy to the same imap folder, and add unit test bug 448550
- Fixed activity manager display for move/copy of folders, bug 448550
- Fixed adding/removing messages from grouped view, bug 482195
- Try to drive autoconfig patch into tree
- More work on smart mailboxes
- B3 blockers
- Try Server
- Want access? File a bug or e-mail me.
- Amazon EC2 Windows builder is up and building
- Amazon EC2 Windows RefPlatform AMI v0 is up, e-mail me if you want access to it
- Amazon EC2 Linux RefPlatform AMI is next
- Amazon EC2 Small Windows instance is cheap, but slow
- Outstanding patches got reviewed, need some minimal tweaking
- Try Server
- Planning for new hardware is moving along
- Working with MoCo IT on moving our colo rack to a different cage
- Will mean some service downtime, unfortunately
- Tentative date for the move : Last week of April/First week of May
- Triaging: startup crashes, Mac crashers, Mailnews Core: Internationalization (only 7 fixed in last 2 years)
- fixed last 10 bugs that had empty QA
- gradually fixing Mailnews Core: Internationalization that don't yet have correct QA (the only remaining item from last mass cleanup)
- Put feelers out in mozillazine forums and newsgroups for more volunteers, but no bites afaict (readership is ... builds forum is ~100, bugs forum ~50) - so that well seems dry
- Trivia: 250 comments already at Lifehacker article Is Thunderbird, Desktop Email Dying Out?
- Lots of small changes made for the upcoming Eudora/Penelope betas.
- Having troubles with customize toolbar code since it got unforked from mail back in to toolkit.
- Will release betas as soon as that's fixed.
- Reworked SeaMonkey test buildbot configs to closely match the Firefox "mozilla2" cionfigs, wrote a custom factory class to be used there, investigated doing it builders as well, found+filed another issue with abstracted builder classes, this all should end in the possibility to use one slave pool per platform for all branches, builds and tests in each of SeaMonkey and Thunderbird configs
- Looked in mozmill with Standard8 and nth10sd
- Following different thread on proposed changes to bugzilla
- communicated about the test days
- Need to figure out how to grow QA contributions
- Need to follow up on the Unit test xpcshell workshop
- Becoming familiar with Vista icon style.
- Drawing lots of new Winstripe icons.
- Application icons
- Final Gnomestripe icons.
- In progress
- Making sure the Gnomestripe work is all in place and moving in and fixing issues.
- Winstripe icons.
- Blog post on Gnomestripe once more stuff land in trunk.
- Get hold of and install Vista and start the theme work on Winstripe (Aero).