SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.5
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0.6
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 1
- 1.5 SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 2
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Roundtable
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says they don't want additional specific consumers of the service right now and want to enable some general way of accessing it "some time" - We can only wait right now. No easy solution in sight. Also, discussing a possible open Geolocation service.
- Builds done and on beta channel, ready for release from our POV.
- Based on Gecko 18.104.22.168, target for Firefox releases might be today or pushed even a bit further, they had to do a new build late last week, see Releases.
- We're waiting for them to release the same security fixes as FF 3.5.10 in sync.
- Based on Gecko 22.214.171.124, target dates TBD, see Releases.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 1
- Released on May 18!
- Slightly over 1500 downloads since then.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 2
- Please help updating New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, a2 once places bookmarks have landed and baked for a few days, at latest in July, b1 in August/September, and a final in October/November.
- This seems to match recently presented Firefox 4 plans relatively well - they'll go for beta in June and Final in the same timeframe as we have in those plans right now.
- It would be good to get OOPP (Out Of Process Plugins) for SM2.1 but we need some way to build libxul to be able to build OOPP. Various mailnews work has to be done for that to be possible.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 30 new, 32 fixed, 52 triaged.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 423281 Help updates.
- some work done by IanN and InvisibleSmiley.
- bug 463903 (form autocomplete documentation): no progress.
- FAQ to cover e.g. double-click / down arrow in form fields?
- We are about to split the MailNews Help file into smaller chunks which will make back-porting to the 2.0 branch harder (but has other obvious advantages).
- bug 483282 Make sure normal SeaMonkey use doesn't pay a price for having venkman installed [Mnyromyr].
- bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service [mcsmurf].
- Feedback had from testing on all 3 main platforms, waiting for further feedback from Callek.
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port [sgautherie].
- Postponed until mcsmurf (or sgautherie) can resume work on it.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
- We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
- The current consensus it to get some basic functionality going with OpenSearch first. And then later to see how much of the old functionality we can reimplement in follow-ups.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- Jeffrey Lee, a Seneca student, is looking into that!
- bug 498596 Places bookmarks. [KaiRo]
- KaiRo has done yet another round of try builds, please do more testing. Bugs from earlier patch sets should be fixed now. Still need to work out how to drive this into the tree without taking ages for it, but the prerequisites should be done.
- bug 480734 Satchel data editor ("Form Manager").
- unowned so far.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 1.9.3) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze will look into that once KompoZer 0.8 is done.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. He's made good progress and is hoping to have the DocumentTabs patch ready
by SundayReal Soon Now. We're still trying to work out some organizational issues.
- At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose) At the latest during the Firefox summit.
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars. [IanN]
- Waiting for reviews.
- bug 545110 Add/port about:support (Troubleshooting Information page) to SeaMonkey. [InvisibleSmiley]
- about:support itself is done (including Modern) as well as the Help menu item. Filed Help bug 566646 to document the changes. Any changes beyond that (e.g. MailNews data etc.) should probably go to follow-up bugs.
- bug 97023 Search/Find in page UI: toolbar instead of dialog [bfrisch].
- bfrisch said that he is currently busy with exams, but should be able to get findbar in shape for a2.
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- bug 467867 [META] Implement Firefox TabBrowser API in Seamonkey [misak].
- bug 558614 [loadTabs(), loadOneTab() and change addTab()] is in the final stretch, waiting for the final round of reviews.
- We need to find a solution for Lightning, which is targeting Thunderbird 3.1 now.
- Lighting 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2). Further versions will probably be for 1.9.3-based releases.
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 530102 Remove extensions.getMore* preferences.
- bug 565191 Add build option "--with-debug-label".
- bug 566905 Open the Addon Manager in a tab.
- bug 467051 Introduce GLOBAL_DEPS to build system (gfx/cairo).
- bug 553815 [SeaMonkey 2.1] mochitest-other: browser_Services.js reports warnings and exception.
- bug 556394 Allow a single option to control tag/revision to pull in client.py.
- bug 561600 (SMAddonMgr) [Tracker] Implement the New Addons Manager UI for SeaMonkey (about:addons).
- bug 566593 Add-ons Manager window shows multiple times.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Working on (waiting for review):
- Bugs fixed.
- Triaging bugs in Help component.
- Posted 2.1 Alpha 1 Roundup post.
- "Bug week":
- Did a private round of SeaMonkey/General UNCONFIRMED triage. Result: Got ~30 bugs out of UNCO state, added hopefully helpful comments to ~10 more. The rest will probably be harder but there are more components that would benefit from a similar effort!
- Bugs fixed:
- bug 192728 Add possibility to drag downloaded files from download window and drop/move them to desktop (as example).
- bug 545110 Add/port about:support (Troubleshooting Information page) to SeaMonkey.
- bug 529741 Port |bug 407875 Unprivileged users are not notified of security updates| to SeaMonkey, re-enable 'Check for Updates' [landed on 2.0 branch]
- Working on:
- bug 124277 Proxy prefs don't explain how to use configuration URL
- Finished up relnotes and write up an announcement, then pushed builds to mirrors and finally released SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 1.
- Finished up relnotes for 2.0.5, only waiting for FF 3.6.4 now.
- Updated buildbot slaves for log buffering to reduce rate of losing slaves (bug 567028).
- Landed packaging patch for startup crashes on branch as well (bug 562047).
- Patch updates for history perf (bug 547815), and finally landed it after it's been reviewed.
- Ported some nits back to Firefox as well (bug 566613), and also checked it in.
- Worked on using only one view source implementation (bug 411754), and landed it after reviews.
- Did some slight fixes for toolkit's view source (bug 567587).
- Tried to convert negative energy to positive with a blog post for making a difference.
- Watched the trees for intermittent failures and starred a number of them. We still have 2-3 Windows slave losses per day, but it's much better than before the slave updates for log buffering.
- Bumped the maximum SeaMonkey version to 2.1a1 for Sync (bug 565817) and Account Manager.
- I'm happy to see that Harini has submitted her first patch from GSoC work in bug 567583.
- Started work on Data Manager.
- Posted that one as well as my Mandelbrot software as new add-ons.
- Updated the places bookmarks (bug 498596) patch set, which is ready for review now. Also created new try builds
- Posted a patch for replacing "site" and "web site" with "website" where fitting (bug 423282).
- Filed a bug for a German-language Mozilla planet: bug 567921
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- Working on bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service.
Fixed (or in-progress) bugs:
- bug 558614 Implement Firefox TabBrowser API: loadTabs(), loadOneTab() and change addTab() to get feature parity.
- bug 558641 Port bug 529674 [Restore windows at the saved position without moving them around on the screen] to SeaMonkey [Fixed].
- bug 558646 Port bug 506482 Don't write sessionstore.js to disk for "read only" events [Fixed].
- bug 558996 Port bug 522545 [some tabs not loaded, are stuck in zombie mode] to SeaMonkey. Has review.
- bug 564677 Port bug 539594 [Middle-clicking back/forward/reload should open the new tab next to the current one].
- bug 567531 browser_461634.js test failing on latest trunk [Fixed].
- bug 567655 Port bug 519099 [Location bar stops working and does not allow any input. Restarts does not help] to SeaMonkey [Fixed].
- bug 567726 Port bug 561702 [sessionstore should not use RegExp static state] to SeaMonkey.
Working on (?):
- bug 563101 Make personas (addon) work with SeaMonkey 2.
- bug 563241 about:addons ignores extensions.dss.enabled.
- bug 564702 Fastback navigation sends bogus state change notifications to refresh listeners.
- bug 565514 Access key for "Synchronize the most recent" not usable in en-GB.
- bug 567333 nsContextMenu (and nsTypeAheadFind) should use mozIsTextField.
- bug 475511 Rename "Unsent Messages" to "Outbox" in the backend.
- bug 533290 extApplication.js, _prefs object unexpectedly garbaged collected.
- bug 565056 nsMsgRecentFoldersDataSource::WantsThisFolder and nsMsgFlatFolderDataSource::GetTargets both try to change m_folders at the same time.
- bug 479107 non-ASCII characters aren't decoded correctly after customize toolbar.
- bug 534831 Mailing List dialog not resizable.
- bug 539478 GenerateValidFilename() is deprecated: use validateFileName(), in SeaMonkey.
- bug 555452 [Addressbook] Mail List Dialog header sections should use <hbox align="end"> instead of spacers to align the labels.
- bug 555972 Save multiple messages as individual files in directory.
- bug 564692 Sync suite/feeds/ with mozilla-central.
- bug 565792 Drop bogus comment in navigator.js.
- Now that bug 564759 gave me Commit Access Level 3, I've been able to checkin patches myself.
- Bug triage, feedback reviews, and Bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- Fixed (or in-progress) MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 560383 Disable MSVC build warning C4800: [TYPE] : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
- bug 555508 The 'active' attribute is gone, should instead use -moz-window-inactive pseudoclass.
- bug 555582 [Mac default] folderPaneBox has wrong bgcolor when window is inactive.
- bug 558668 [Mac] Remove splitter cursor overrides.
Any other business?