Thunderbird meeting notes 2015-05-05. NOON PT (Pacific). Check https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings for meeting time conversion, previous meeting notes and call-in details
aceman, aleth, Jorg K, merike, rkent, roland, wsmwk, MakeMyDay, rolandtanglao
Action items from last meetings
- (done) wsmwk to pat glandium
- (done) wsmwk to email hiro's bug list to tb-planning
- (done) rkent to review tracking list http://mzl.la/1EOx9Tm
Friends of the tree
Current status and discussions
Critical bugs. Leave these here until they're confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- AMO compatibility bump! (is not going to happen)
- In general, the tracking-tb38 flag shows what are critical issues. In the next week or so, that list will be culled to only include true blockers for the Thunderbird 38 release. There will still be many.
- maildir UI: nothing more to do for UI, still want to land a patch for letting IMAP set this.
- gloda IM search regressions: mostly fixed, some db cleanup necessary for users of TB33+
- aleth landed a fix to stop duplicated entries from appearing, nhnt11 patch to clean up the databases of Aurora/Beta/Daily has landed and is awaiting uplift
removing from critical list/fixed:
- We need to decide on how to do release branching. I am uncertain whether Lightning integration requires this or not.
- --> We've created THUNDERBIRD_38_VERBRANCH on mozilla-release
- Lightning integration (below) really REALLY critical that we get this finished.
- --> Patches landed, testing beta 2015-04-30
- 31.6.0 shipped
- 38.0b3 shipped 2015-04-26 Sunday
- 38.0b4 shipped 2015-05-03 Sunday
- 38.0b5 (build Fri 5/8? when?)
- 38.0 on May 26?
- 31.7.0 2015-05-12+ Tues+
Lightning to Thunderbird Integration
- As underpass has pointed out repeatedly (thanks for your patience!) , we need to rewrite / heavily modify the lightning articles on support.mozilla.org. let me know irc: rolandtanglao on #tb-support-crew or rtanglao AT mozilla.com OR simply start editing the articles
- We need to fill the "Learn More" page with content, possibly point it to something more specific bug 1159682
- Opt-out dialog: change "disable" to "remove" bug 1159698
- tracking bug for lightning 4.0 bug 1153752
- Thunderbird Events calendar created - send me your events to be added/corrections
- xml https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/mozilla.com_707562313030%40resource.calendar.google.com/public/basic
- ical https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/mozilla.com_707562313030%40resource.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics (For google calendar, on the google web page pick "Other Calendars", "Add by URL", paste in the ical link - enable email or sms reminders if you wish in Settings | Calendar)
- html https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=mozilla.com_707562313030%40resource.calendar.google.com
- Mail composition/spelling: bug 967494, bug 717292 (inline spell dictionary inconsistent), waiting for review by M Conley.
- Editor losing style after image paste: bug 1140617
- bug 1141446 - JSMIME regression, still awaiting final review
- Today looked at "double Trash" issue 1156669
- rail in releng seems to believe that we cannot overlap tb 31 and tb 38 and claims that was the previous practice, but Standard8 does not remember this the same way. At the moment I have been told that we cannot start building on the esr38 repo without disabling builds on esr31. This is still a developing story ... until resolved I think we need to keep using comm-beta for TB 38 betas.
- we have a backlog of jsmime issues, jcranmer has been quite tied up with real life. Several of us have been trying to fix these, but we need reviews.
- Let's review the critical tracking-38 bugs (29 at last count) http://mzl.la/1EOx9Tm
- thunderbird hotfix support - bug 914225 ready to land
-- PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NICK with your bullet item --
Some testing/verification that chat logs are now being properly and completely indexed by gloda would be helpful, cf bug 1146698 (landed on c-c, a possible candidate for uplift).
- Roland owes sumo kb article links for release notes. Hope to have stub articles ready today
- PLEASE PUT THE NEXT MEETING IN YOUR (LIGHTNING) CALENDAR
- Note - meeting notes must be copied from etherpad to wiki before 5AM CET next day so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.