Auto-tools/Projects/Mozmill/Meeting 2011 03 01
- 1.5.2 is released \o/
- Thanks to EVERYONE!
- Elements lib refactor
- we can do a parallel implementation easily, it's necessary so QA has something that will work on 1.5.2.
- Need to ensure we maintain an ownership semantic
- Going to call it widget class, should strive to have that part be inside mozmill for 2.0, possibly the "controller"-style methods as well. But the important thing is standardizing on the widget class itself.
- Net: geo and ahal will get together and have a plan by next week on how to converge the two code paths.
- Assertion module
- Already landed in the shared module refactor repo
- Net: Pull that into 2.0 this week (harth leading)
- Modal Dialog
- Need to take this into 2.0
- Where to put it? Probably on the controller for now, understand we may change that
- Review syntax for it and make sure it conforms to webdriver spec (that may be 2.1)
- Net: will investigate this week (unowned)
- There is a lot of disagreement on how to do waitfors
- Should they be implicit or explicit? We need both
- Should they cause errors if they fail? We tend to think yes, but that again
is a gray area with a few cases that you may not want to fail.
- If we need an explicit waitFor (top level, global namespace) then we probably want it to be a top level object i.e. driver.waitFor or waits.waitForFoo -- need to decide that.
- Net: need a plan here (unowned)
- Node Collector
- We took this into mozmill for 1.5.2
- Sounds like there are improvements to it we should take for 2.0.
- Some question of how it handles anonymous nodes, may already be solved in new widget classes
- Net: need to take improvements for 2.0
- Used in thunderbird.
- Going to need to keep this ability even after the test refactor (so that tests can be skipped/interleaved)
- Test refactoring in general needs to be discussed more widely
- Net: Need a cohesive plan here (for all test refactoring) (jhammel)