Calendar:Installing Lightning into Thunderbird
<< Back to Calendar User Documentation
Lightning runs as an extension for Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
You can download either the Latest Stable Release or the Latest Nightly Build. The latest nightly build has more features than the latest stable release but might have severe bugs that can cause data loss or crash your application.
Don't use the nightly builds with production data as data loss and other scary things can occur. If you do not want to risk any data loss use the latest stable release.
Latest Stable Lightning Release & Nightly Builds
IMPORTANT: If you have been using the old Calendar Extension, be sure to backup the ICS file that it put in your profile directory, and uninstall the Calendar Extension before installing Lightning. After you have installed Lightning, you can then import your old events and tasks from the backed up ICS file.
- In Thunderbird, open the extension manager using the Tools -> Add-ons menu item.
- Click the "Install" button in the lower left hand corner of the Add-ons box.
- Locate and select the file you downloaded and click "OK"
- Close and reopen Thunderbird to finish the install
- Please read the Lightning release notes before you use this software.
Congratulations, your calendar should now be correctly installed. You may now look at the other tutorials.