Scribed by Mike
MDN compatibility data (adam_s) - async / non-verba)
Had a meeting with some of the MDN team. MDN compat data is becoming machine readable and they want to know how we can use it. What are some ideas and what are the next steps? One idea is building a linter and using it on incoming webcompat reports.
- Ola: https://www.npmjs.com/package/eslint-plugin-compat might be an interesting inspiration.
- Ola: Having a meeting with Kadir (MDN) today as he is at the office and talk about some of the ideas.
- Dennis: Automatic console messages in the developer tools (like "You are using X, which will not work in other browsers!") would be awesome. +1
- Dennis: I'll be in Paris next week for some discussions around MDN and WebCompat as well! :)
Content - webcompat.com (non-verbal) (Ola)
Content review need to happen until 16th of March. Otherwise we are not able to deploy the site in Q1.
To be reviewed:
- https://staging.webcompat.com/about (mike sent a PR https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/pull/2209)
- https://staging.webcompat.com/contributors (all pages)
- https://staging.webcompat.com/contact (mike sent a PR https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/pull/2211)
- https://staging.webcompat.com/privacy (miket sent a PR https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/pull/2213)
Issue to collect typos: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/2085
If you have other content suggestions, please open an issue (per page) and add the labels `refactor` and `content`.
Two Minutes ( 🐝 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. Keep it short. Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Dennis: mostly working down old needsdiagnsosis bugs I once started, or got mentioned on
- Karl: PTO
- Ola: Conc.at + traveling, #2171, discussions around blog posts, MDN, web compat experiments, perf.html
- Thomas: needsdiagnosis queue work, more progress on Tripwire.
PTO / Travel ( 🐝 )
- Ola: 28.2. - 5.3. Salzburg @ conc.at, PTO by end of March (one week)
- Dennis: 15.3. - 19.3. Paris for a MDN hackathon weekend. PTO on 19.+20.
- Karl: 2018-03-01 to 2018-03-09. PTO
- Mike: 2018-03-09 to 2018-03-14. PTO