Scribed by Mike
Reporter on Fennec/Fenix (karl)
Reporter addon and Fennec/Fenix for mobile frameworks. How to get the new detection features in Fenix at least, and Maybe fennec (stucked on 68)? Added to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Compatibility/Meetings/2019-06-work-week#Topics_Bank
- karl: Ksenia and Tom did a great job with the framework detection stuff. What about Fenix?
- mike: Fennec is updated on the 68 branch.
- dennis: I've been chatting with Fenix folks. We have a general idea how to implement this stuff (Web Extensions / SAO) in Fenix. We will have a Android components hacking session in Whistler with Fenix folks + Snorp. To see what can we do now? What do we need in the future?
- dennis: Report Site Issue will be more difficult than the webcompat SAO, because there are no UI APIs. So we need to bring up the topic.
- dennis: I'll add to our topic for the Whistler hacking session. I'll update the team with details so all can attend.
- tom: It's possible w/o much UI work. Probably need to turn into an Android component (and figure out how the POST dance works).
- mike: (giving context about schedule)
Critical Issues and the TSCI (mike)
A quick intro to the TSCI (Top site compat Index) and how severity-critical issues are related. And an appeal for why there should be very few of these stuck in needsdiagnosis at any time.
- mike: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rmH1EhTVZBtTIXXwqSHcaQXhmv7xJh2Y2LuNiySPURQ/edit?ts=5cf460c1#gid=479045537
- mike: I have been working on a couple of people on this. There are top 500 sites in this list. The goal is for people to work on things which matter the most. The critical line should be going down at all time.
- denschub: we need to take care of other sites like twitter.
- mike: you are making a good point, but let's try to focus on things which have really a big surface. For example, Google. There will be a talk about this on next Friday.
- mike: we need to be more disciplined about maintenance work.
- karl: the critical includes which type of bugs.
- mike: all which is in between needsdiagnosis and sitewait.
All Hands Expense Policy (miketaylr)
- mike: Read it, know it, love it. https://wiki.mozilla.org/All_Hands/Whistler2019#Whistler_All_Hands_Expense_Policy
OKR Check-in (mike)
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Cipri: Triage/Tier 1 Report Card/Sitewait testing
- Dennis: Fenix, GoFaster, webkit-scrollbar, eMail, Goal stuff, did I say emails? and the usual stuff
- Karl: coding python 3 and transitioning staging to python 3. Fixing weird bugs. Rewriting a bit (cough cough) of webcompat dashboard app. Sorry Kate. Rainy season is restarting.
- Kate: Code review for metrics, planning for Whistler...
- Ksenia: diagnosis and investigating why reporter stopped sending tracking content blocking flag
- Mike: TSCI hacking, goals stuff. Outreach for TLS.
- Oana: Triage issues, Google Images & Tier 1 Report Card testing, Sitewait confirmation.
- Sergiu: Some Google Images testing, Sitewait bug confirmation and good old triage.
- Thomas: Wow end-of-quarter spring cleaning, much TSCI and other reviews and Fenix explorations, such Toronto meet-up with Ksenia (oh, and also diagnosis).
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/
- 2019-06-07: Ksenia