Scribed by Ksenia
OKR Check-in (miketaylr)
All Hands Planning (miketaylr)
Let’s discuss what we want next week to look like, and what we most want to get out of it.
- Mike: Everyone should have calendar events for global events. If you can synchronously attend events, it would be great, but it’ll be hard because of the timezone difference. We can block a couple hours in person and then we can rely on asynchronous conversation. I’ll send out polls today with proposed times. We’ll have at least one presentation and we need to figure out which topics we’ll talk about.
- Dennis: Would be nice to know what webplatform org will be working on in the near future
- Mike: There is a session “webplatform state of the union”, but those meetings don’t have a lot of information usually
- Karl: Should we do virtual lunch or dinner? (not a serious comment)
- Mike: It’s a great opportunity to join other teams meetings and there are a couple of trainings happening
(FYI) Performance issues for Firefox Reality on Oculus mobile devices (denschub)
- dennis: In case you spot a Firefox Reality performance issue report for an Oculus device, please go ahead and try to reproduce in Fenix. Firefox Reality and Fenix are using the same engine, so if the issue is reproducible in Fenix, then we can just report that as a performance issue in Gecko.
- dennis: However, if the issue is not reproducible on Fenix, there is a high chance there is nothing we can do. Oculus devices heavily throttle third-party apps in order to save energy and to keep the system’s framerate high, so Firefox Reality has a significantly lower performance on those devices by design - and there is unfortunately nothing we can do about that.
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the last two weeks. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Cipri: Triage/moderation. Attended my parents’ birthday (home) party.
- Dennis: Diagnosis, resolving all Firefox Reality issues on our plates, some outreach follow-ups, a bit of metrics work. Learning C# in my free time because why not.
- James: Helping with test scheduling. Editing WebDriver-bidi spec. Looked at adding to testharness API to reduce intermittents.
- Karl: A lot of code review. A bit of pytests. And… diagnosis. Starting to configure the new laptop. and fixing stuff in the process of installing moz-central. https://phabricator.services.mozilla.com/D78855
- Ksenia: Finishing up webpack bundling, enjoying summer weather
- Mike: Went for a hike, found a cave. Planning stuff for H2, all hands, etc. Some reviews. Triaging Bugzilla bugs.
- Oana: Triage/moderation and TSCI testing. Bike, hike and picking cherries. We had some very hot days with around 28°C.
- Thomas: Strict-mode tracking protection shim patch work; now knee-deep in reviews. Also catching up a bit on needinfos.
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
PTO Oana - 15-19 June. (no more travel until the end of 2020… probably) Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/