Scribed by James
FYI: Scored OKRs from last quarter ( 👹 )
- mike: if people have strong feelings about the scores, reach out to me. We had a pretty solid quarter, even in the face of serious health setbacks for some of our team members. Objective 1: 0.66 Objective 2: 0.6 Objective 3: 0.7
OKR Check-in (miketaylr)
are there any more flags we should add to the compat-reporter? (tom)
Would it be good to know (for instance) if the user has HTTPS-only mode on? A basic preference for this seems likely to land soon (so I'm not sure if it's actually experimental?) in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1613063 . Are there any other options we might find useful that have come up in the past half a year (Fission mode, etc)?
- Dennis: privacy.resistFingerprinting is important; breaks sites
- Tom: Could be PII in general. WebExtension ids might hint at things that break content
- Mike: Would be good to know if possible.
- Tom: Need to check with legal about how to expose data. Could also consider e.g. fonts, but not for this quarter
- Mike: Probably not good to fingerprint people with resistFingerprinting on
- Mike: Non-default prefs are a clear win. Other things require more thought. Pre-release policy probably allows for this ,but we need to be careful about the social implications.
- Tom: Worth considering what the low-hanging fruit is
What can/should we try to shim? (tom)
Now that we can shim things (and not just for ETP), it's worth discussing what we might want to shim. Are there certain libraries/library versions that have known Firefox bugs we can work around? (jQuery, Modernizr, Polymer/Angular/React and their plugins, etc)? What about Mobify, FastClick, editors widgets, WebRTC libraries and others? Anyone we should ask on other teams?
- Tom: Can use to patch specfic versions of specific libraries as long as it's stable. Can also be CSS/HTML/etc.
- mike: FastClick for sure.
- karl: vuepress (meta viewport)
- Dennis: Do we have to go through legal?
- Tom: Can be necessary if we aren't sure. In many cases websites aren't actively maintained and we've already tried to contact them. Can have copyright or PII implications. Better safe than sorry.
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the last two weeks. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Cipri: Triage and moderation, TSCI testing + PTO time.
- Dennis: Diagnosis, resolving some ni?s, [shinrinyoku](https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/shinrinyoku) but with my camera
- Guillaume: fixed issues on webcompat.com ❤️❤️❤️
- James: geckodriver issues
- Karl: rain, rain, rain. My first intervention patch, yeah. Learned to tame Android Studio. Created webcompat.com controlled list for reporting source. Diagnosis and reviews.
- Ksenia: diagnosis, cleaning up grunt related stuff from webcompat
- Mike: Some broken bones (not mine!), finalizing Q3 (H2) planning, got some cool records
- Oana: Triage and moderation, a bit of Accessability testing and research. Biking and hiking between the rain drops, happy and dirty dog.
- Thomas: Knee-deep in the shims (also some light reviews and diagnosis)
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
(no more travel until the end of 2020… probably) Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/ 2020-07-13 to 2020-07-17: Dennis on Vacation
- 2020-07-16: PTO day for Mike 2020-07-06 to 2020-07-17: Cipri PTO 2020-07-20 to 2020-07-24: Oana PTO