Scribed by Ksenia
Hello Karl, interim Manager (karl)
Let's hear about what I think about my interim role, and what do you think? I can imagine that it could be a weird place to switch from co-worker to management. I hope I can make remove anxieties if any. This is an experiment, let's do it together. Also reading GitLab organization docs, quite interesting and there are probably things to cherry pick in there. https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/leadership/#managers-of-one
- Empower people
- Working in the open
- Writing down (what I do so you can participate or take over) https://otsukare.info/ (will be published at the end of each week)
- karl: just to make it clear I became aware of Mike leaving at the same time as you. During the time I'm interim manager I want to empower people, want to everyone in the team get more responsibilities because it's not great for only manager have the visibility.
- karl: If you create a document, make it in the open and accessible for everyone. Since yesterday I'm describing everything I do in my blog.
- karl: For the diagnosis and other work, I'll not be able to help as much, but I'll do as much as I can. If you think I suck as a manager, let me or Lonnen know.
- dennis: it's great that you agreed to take the role, so that the team stays together as a team without being reshuffled into a different part of the org.
- karl: you can still reach out to me in private if you feel more comfortable
Webcompat team meetings (karl)
Regular/Irregular meetings what do you prefer?
- karl: as for the team meetings let me know what you prefer, I'm happy to know opinions
- james: keepeing the okr meetings makes sense
OKRs 2020Q4 (karl)
Let's discuss the new potential OKRs. I will propose we continue until the end of 2020Q4. And that gives us time to improve and/or change system. If you have ideas of what was working/not working with the current system let me know.
- Karl: next week will be the last 2020Q3 OKR meeting. Our current 2020H2 Planning is https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WqeS7dQXFMqV4sJRwocLpg-Dy5JwSADXrsqNQT6PfZE/edit#heading=h.qpeq2geh2btt
- Karl: I will check the 2020H2 document in details this week And we can start filing cards into the Reserved section of OKRs. https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/11 Feel free to add some there, we can always delete, refine and move things. So no pressure.
- karl: as for the okrs, we don't have to do them. If you like them though, we could continue doing that. I think we could stick to the okr until the end of the year and can revisit.
- oana: for me and cipri okrs are good to organize our work
- ksenia: works for me as well
- dennis: I like the okrs, it's the central place for keep track of the work we do
- karl: I've started the template for Q4 okrs. I'll try to figure out what we can do to align with Mozilla priorities
1:1 Meetings (karl)
Karl will give information about the re-setup. I got answers from everyone.
- karl: if you have a specific day/time you prefer, let me know and we can negotiate
FYI Webcompat Priority Flags in Bugzilla (karl)
Mike before leaving has documented a bit more the reasoning behind the webcompat flags in Bugzilla. see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Compatibility/WebCompat_Tracking_And_Triage
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the last two weeks. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Abdul: _
- Cipri: Moderation/Triage, Editor libraries testing, had a day off for my birthday
- Dennis: Had a day off with the worst timing ever, submitted the [feature-parity android-components reporter PR](https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/android-components/pull/8448) for review, helped a bank by overriding our UA for them.
- James: (had to run)
- Karl: A lot of introductions, readings, and gymnastics to figure out how to make it work. Had meeting with Thomas Elin
- Kate: _
- Ksenia: _
- Guillaume: _
- Mike: _
- Oana: Moderation/Triage, TSCI, Editor libraries testing and A11Y testing (confirmation and new issues reporting)
- Sonia: _
- Tom: ETP shim work, admin work, got Google Search Fixer recommended and on Firefox Preview/Daylight/Fenix/whatever we're calling it now :)
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
(no more travel until the end of 2020… probably) Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/