Compatibility/WebCompat Tracking And Triage
webcompat tracking flag
A Bugzilla webcompat tracking flag exists. Its purpose is to put interop and compat bugs on the radar, to be triaged and prioritized accordingly.
webcompat? bugs are regularly triaged with the following outcomes:
1. webcompat+ is set and a priority is assigned to one of the following whiteboard tags, depending on the number of affected sites (or dupes), or how the issue affects top sites or other strategic initiatives.
- [Webcompat Priority:P1]: highest impact bugs or features for web compatibility
- [Webcompat Priority:P2]: medium impact bugs of features for web compatibility
- [Webcompat Priority:P3]: low impact bugs or features for web compatibility (but still considered important).
2. The tracking flag is left alone. The intention is to keep potentially important issues on our radar by not removing the flag — as we become aware of more site breakage it will be re-triaged and prioritized accordingly.
3. The tracking flag is cleared. This probably means the issue is not considered a compatibility issue.
|Category||Untracked||Untracked to Revisit|