- mike: There will be probably a BlinkCon event in Europe in the next 6 months. It might be interesting for Hallvord and/or Karl to attend. I met a couple of Opera old friends. 6/7 sessions were directly interesting. The rest less so, very (obviously) focused on Blink. Good to hear their prospective.
Let's brainstorm who we want to meet and what we want to accomplish.
- mike: i don't think we have any meetings set up yet
- karl: we have a wiki page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Compatibility/Mobile/2015-12-work-week
- mike: i would suggest we start to think about 2016 and discuss that in Orlando
Hallvord, can you give a summary of the state of this work?
- hallvord: I was asking some questions in issues on GitHub, but none of the developers were repsonding. mainly dealing with how to integrate the new stuff w/ the old API. how to make it a drop-in replacement.
- hallvord: I'm not sure how much the old API needs to be supported. It's not obvious what is internal/public. Mostly stalled on waiting on answers.
- hallvord: I have a rewritten version that I have mostly working. The basic next step is to split it up for their build process and what it expects. Another issue is testing. A lot of them assume Flash, we need to indicate that some tests are not relevant, etc.
Testing Boar (hallvord)
- hallvord: the compatipede stuff, I was beginning to work on some testing approach. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on that.
- karl: I've seen your email and flagged it so I will reply. Last week I was busy with a conference and personal things. This week I will start looking.
Broken Voices of the Web
Web Compatibility Progress
FIXED (no DUPLICATE)
- 2015-11-13 Desktop apps.state.or.us is TLS 1.1/1.2 intolerant (and has many other issues) FIXED
- 2015-11-13 Desktop digitalsecurity.intel.com is RC4 only FIXED
- 2015-11-13 Desktop my.if.com is TLS 1.2 intolerant and RC4-only FIXED
- 2015-11-13 Desktop baybloorradio.com is RC4 only FIXED
- 2015-11-17 Desktop www.forestfinance.de makes bogus assumptions about font metrics FIXED
- 2015-11-17 Mobile drive.google.com sends Desktop version to Firefox OS FIXED
- 2015-11-17 Mobile portail.free.fr sends desktop site to Firefox OS FIXED
- 2015-11-17 Mobile xbox.com serves desktop content to Firefox mobile FIXED
- 2015-11-17 Mobile commonfloor.com sends desktop site to Firefox OS FIXED
- 2015-11-18 Desktop https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/ does not work properly because of mixed content blocking FIXED
- 2015-11-18 Mobile m.origo.hu WORKSFORME
- 2015-11-18 Mobile ehow.com doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile FIXED
- 2015-11-18 Mobile mobile.reuters.com sends a low-fi mobile version to Firefox OS FIXED
- 2015-11-18 Mobile Reuters.com enters in an infinite loop for *any* mobile browsers FIXED
- 2015-11-11 Mobile Jquery mmenu plugin not working on Firefox on Android
- 2015-11-11 Mobile The Website Cracked is not formatted to screen correctly.
- 2015-11-16 Desktop occasional mysterious infinite spinner hangs in firefox when clicking around on developers.facebook.com
- 2015-11-17 Desktop Apple ID page has odd gradient behind title, with "layout.css.prefixes.webkit" enabled, due to reliance on "-webkit-background-clip: text;"