- status of patches in progress
- performance requirements
- next steps on performance and on memory leaks
Status of Pending CC Code in Bugzilla
Last week's next steps: Wait for patches (first 4 of 5) to land, then test more:
- Jonas will write a test case to generate cycles via document. STATUS: Patch landed and there has been a significan improvement in performance. Now we're seeing a large majority of time spent in JS GC
- Support cycle collection of refcounted non-xpcom objects (aka, the XBL patch): in dbaron's review queue.
- Switch nsXPConnect::Traverse to use tracing: waiting for some feedback from Igor, and should be ready for review after that.
- using trace API for reference counts: probably want to wait with this until after bug 377884 lands.
Criteria for Performance Satisfactory:
- Double the current GC time.
Next steps on leaks
- Two patches dbaron's review queue.
- After the two patches, we need to have specific test cases and look for leaks.