- status of patches in progress: the important patches have landed, remaining aren't urgent.
Status of Pending CC Code in Bugzilla
- Jonas will write a test case to generate cycles via document. STATUS: ?
- Support cycle collection of refcounted non-xpcom objects (aka, the XBL patch): Done.
- Switch nsXPConnect::Traverse to use tracing: Done.
- using trace API for reference counts: Nice to have, but not urgent. Need to do some perf analysis on this one. dbaron will look into this over the next couple of weeks. Peterv has a patch that he's kept up to date and will attach that to the bug. It's not clear that the patch will change anything (leak wise), but it might have help performance and make the code more maintainable, GC stuff gets hidden behind the API etc. Depends on landing of the fix for bug 379220.
- bug 381199: revisit cycle collector aging strategy
Dbaron will look at this over the next couple of weeks as well.
Criteria for Performance Satisfactory:
- Double the current GC time.
Next steps on leaks
We're done fixing new leaks AFAWK, now we can concentrate on finding old leaks etc. Leaks are down to 3k or so, so not too much to go after in the normal case.
Next steps on performance (pauses)
Next steps on performance (general degradation)
Continuing these meetings?
We believe we're at a point where the remaining issues can be tracked in bugzilla and over email. So unless something unexpected comes up, we won't be holding any more of these meetings.