Diversity and Inclusion for Communities and Contributors
- 1 Overview
- 1.1 Discussion
- 1.2 D&I in Open Source Community Calls
- 1.3 Community Participation Guidelines - Incident Response
- 1.4 D&I Standards & Best Practices
- 1.5 2017 Research & Strategy Links
The heart of Mozilla is people, and we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive community - one that invites in, and empowers everyone no matter their gender, sexual orientation, nationality, age, ability, socioeconomic status or religion (or lack thereof).
We think of diversity as the mix of people, and inclusion as how we enable that diverse mix to work effectively together - to innovate and have impact on the mission we care so much about. We are building a diversity and inclusion strategy Communities and Contributors with the following goals:
- We have a set of standards and frameworks that let us accurately understand the impact of our D&I interventions on the health of open source communities.
- Through a set of processes, standards, and workflows embedded into their work, community managers, and project maintainers are successful in building more inclusive communities.
- Mozilla is recognized as a leader in Diversity & Inclusion .
- Diversity & Inclusion in Open Source Mailing List
- #OpenSourceDiversity (Social Media)
D&I in Open Source Community Calls
- April 4th, 9AM PDT (Covert to local time) "Diversity & Inclusion in Open Source (all topics)", Etherpad Agenda, Streaming Link, Live Captioning
- May 2nd, 9 AM PDT ( Covert to local time ) "All Things Code of Conduct", Etherpad Agenda, Streaming Link, Live Captioning
- June 6th, 9 AM PDT (Convert to local time ) "We See you! Designing Opportunity for all Abilities, and Confidence.", Etherpad Agenda, Streaming Link, Live Captioning
Community Participation Guidelines - Incident Response
Below are templates, and processes we've built (and are building for effective CoC incident response)
Blog Post on Process so Far (February 2018)
- Request for more information
- Your report was received
- Reported - decision per ladder level
- Reporter - decision per ladder
D&I Standards & Best Practices
2017 Research & Strategy Links
Blog Series of Research Findings
- A Time for Action - Innovating for D&I in Open Source (Series Intro)
- Inclusive Organizing for Communities
- We See You! Reaching Diverse Audiences in FOSS
- Frameworks for Governance, Incentive & Consequence
- Open Source Summit Blog (w/ industry links)