From MozillaWiki
< Elmo‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous meetingindexnext week » create?

Meeting Details

  • Time and location: Monday, 10am PST, conf bridge 359
  • irc.mozilla.org #elmo for back-channel

Previous Action Items

  • In a weeks time (14th November) ask to switch IP for l10n.mozilla.org

Meeting Notes

  • Attendees: peterbe, Pike, laura
  • We're now django_compressing - Yay!
  • IP take-over for l10n.mozilla.org?
    • needs a ServerAlias in Apache
    • https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=700366 needs a patch
    • No. we flick this switch when the new features (team home page, new design) are really ready
      • Pike: when we're happy with the new features on dev, then plan the domain name switchover.
      • laura: webtrends set up in conjunction launch of new domain.
  • Land team homepage on dev?
    • peterbe: will upload patch for review
    • Pike: will review code change and take a peek at the optimization opportunity
    • Pike: "I'm in love!"
  • Getting more design help (especially around "fat pages")?
    • laura: rope in Schalk
    • Pike (on the dashboard on new design): still liking it even though not perfect.
      • Pike: ad-hoc idea, might be fine to do an horizontal scroll
    • Getting Jeff involved, early?
      • Pike: Jeff is busy.
      • Pike: (on the application "links" on homepage) regarding 1) create an application page 2) create a good application page 3) not link to application from home page
      • peterbe: There's a LOT of Latin on the new designed home page
  • Lack of QA?
    • laura: will talk to QA team. QA team like release schedules.
    • laura: might want to wait till after the l10n.mozilla.org launch
    • Pike: A new "stage environment" with test data?
  • master-ball documentation -> fox2mike server upgrades?
    • Pike: new code is finished but it's not being "dogfed" on production servers
    • laura: testing the documentation
    • Pike: need to liberate slave-ball to not work on the same OS
      • laura: can that wait?
      • Pike: we could run one dedicated OS for master & slave
  • Triage?
    • peterbe: to triage "by himself"
    • Pike: to review peterbe's prioritization by bugmail
    • 15 un-prioritized bugs
  • Bug about the releases hack and # actions
    • every 6 weeks, cloning (signoffs & actions) to new appversions
      • bug in cloning actions (hash not being reset per application)
      • Pike to finish the script to run as a django shell thingy, peterbe to review

Action Items